Move Ins and Found Out

^^took me forever to finish this(totally didn't trace or anything from an actual room-)^^

I had just gotten back from Westview and was grimly sitting in front of Pepper at the dinner table, not ready to have this conversation.

"You want to move out?" She asked in a hushed tone, trying to hide the hurt in her voice.

"I have a saving account under my alias with enough money to afford it and live in it for a long time, all I need is for you to co-sign the lease," I calmly explained though I winced internally at her reasonable offense.

"Is this really what you want?"

"I do not know but... I cannot stay here, in this house. I do not belong and right now I am dealing with a lot that I need to deal with alone," I sighed quietly with many contractions that I referred to and she looked down, not knowing what to say so not saying anything at all. I continued. "You did not  sign up for this, Pep."

"You're not a burden, Hailey-"

"Pep, all you wanted was a new job at a high tech company and now you have a daughter you need to take care of while running said company. You do not need me to enter the mix making you stress about if I get caught or something," I scoffed and she looked away with the shake of her head.

"And you'll be fine?" She asked, knowing there was no way she'll change my mind or stop me from leaving. I gave her a small smile and reached my hand over to place it in hers.

"I swear."

After our talk, I flew to Peter's place, already having promised him to meet him there after not seeing him for two weeks on a potentially life threatening mission. When I knocked on the door however I was immediately greeted by May with frizzy hair and a rather frazzled look on her face.

"Hailey!" She exclaimed before throwing her arms around me which took me back and I froze until finally registering her affection. I returned the hug awkwardly, a bit too late but she did not seem to mind.

"Hey, May," I smiled into her shoulder until she pulled away and pushed me into her apartment hurriedly.

"Are you okay? Peter didn't explain anything," she turned to glare over her shoulder as Peter and Ned scurried out of the hallway to meet me.

"It is fine, I am fine. It was... well, it is a lot to explain," I laughed weakly and paused. "Also I legally cannot talk about most of it," I added causing May to make an 'o' face.

"Didn't you get arrested though?" Ned blurted out making me and Peter glare at him as May took a double-take at me.

"Dude," Peter hissed at his friend as I mouthed 'what the hell' at him.

"What?" She exclaimed incredulously, staring me down for answers.

"It was not an arrest, per say. It was just... a containment issue which I might have broke out of," I explained sheepishly as she continued to stare at me before whipping her head at Peter who gulped.

"You knew about this?"

"I knew you would freak out so-"

"Of course, I was going to freak out!" May shot back and took my face in her hand to check for cuts or scraps.

"It really is not that bad! When I was five I was incarcerated for like six months-" I laughed but immediately shut up when May's eyes widened even further.

"What?" She yelled again and I thought her eyes were going to pop out of heir sockets at one point and I scrambled to fix my mistake.

"In their defense, I paralyzed a man-" Oh my gods, Hailey stop talking.