Naps and Kidnaps

I woke up to Bob chirping from the windowsill, the sun gleaming in through the curtains, the smell of crystal clear water hanging in the air and... MJ smashing a pillow over my head.

"What the hell-" I blurted out looking around wearily only to be bashed by my dear roommates pillow for the fourth time.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty! We got thirty minutes to get ready and leave," MJ announced before slapping me with the pillow the final time and continued with her morning routine nonchalantly like she didn't just assault me with a scratchy pillow.

Without the energy to insult her I settled for simply flipping her off from my bed and got up begrudgingly.

Warning: 25% charge left

I sighed and went to the bathroom, taking out my hairbrush, clothes, and 'toiletries' with me. I quickly changed out of my t-shirt, revealing the larger blue bruise-like spot on my chest with the vein-like lines growing across my entire torso, showing off my corrupted system that my father failed to completely fix. I pursed my lips before changing into jeans and a camo T-shirt that stealthy hid my dilemma. I brushed my hair out, and took out my loose ponytail, settling with my hair down before moving to my wrist. I clicked a hidden button on the side of my wrist that opened up a small compartment and removed the empty battery, swiftly replacing it and repeated the process with the other one.

Just look normal. Act like you're not dying. Pretend. Lie, cause we all know how easily an asshole like yourself can do it, staring your loved ones in the eyes and lying to their faces like it's the easiest thing in the world. Super easy even a pice of shit like yourself can do it.

I took a deep breath and exited the bathroom to find MJ had already left with the others. I hurried to my bed and put everything back in my bag.

I was about to leave but stopped, realizing I was forgetting something.

"Bob! Here, boy," I whistled cuing Bob to fly through the windows and onto my extended arm. "Good Bob," I praised. "If you want to come with me, which is totally up to you, I need you to get in this birdcage, okay?" I offered, gesturing to the cage I had bought last night before I went back to my room. I had also bought cage liner and bought a bag of bird seed and fruit, enough to last until we get home. He cooed, hesitantly walking into the cage and looked around before excitedly getting on the bird-swing.

"I'll take that as a yes! But just remember to be quiet, okay?" I said, putting my finger to my lips and slipped on a white sheet on top of the cage. I scurried out the door just in time to meet up with Peter and Ned.

"Drink lots of water. I'm gonna get you a vitamin C pill. You cannot get sick, okay?"

"Okay. Thanks, baby," Ned said as Betty left to go get the vitamin and Peter and I came up behind him.

"Hey, are you sure you're good?" Peter asked with concern for his best friend because gods know what the hell was in that thing.

"Oh, dude, I'm fine. Don't worry. Getting tranq'd in the neck by Nick Fury? Probably the coolest thing to ever happen to me," Ned brushed it off.

"You're a strange man, Leeds," I noted, staring at him.

"It is pretty awesome. Yeah. I'm just happy I don't have to go to Prague," Peter laughed nervously at the idea as he and Ned did their nerdy, convoluted handshake.

"Seriously." But I knew better. I knew Nicholas better. After years of dealing with his bullshit I finally got his character down to a science.

"Wait for it," I muttered in a defeated tone making both of them look at me.