Field Trips and Fails

This got deleted and is arguably pretty important so-

"Are you insane?!" I demanded as Peter hit the 'glowy thing' he liked to call it again in our engineering class while the teacher was not looking nor cared to look at what he was doing. "That thing could be highly dangerous and you bring it to school and start hitting it like an idiot?!"

"We have to figure out what it is-"

"And you bring it to school to figure it out?" I interrupted him in disbelief at his idiocy but before he could answer, Ned swooped in.

"Hey, thanks for bailing on me," Ned greeted passive aggressively, referring to the party we completely abandoned him at.

"Yeah, well, something came up," Peter responded awkwardly, staring at the glowing item on the table.

"What is that?"

"Good question," I grumbled with my arms crossed making Ned look at me as he realizes we did not know either.

"Some guy tried to vaporize me with it," Peter added making Ned whip his head toward his friend is awe.

"And Peter thinks to himself, 'you know what is a good idea? Bring it to show and tell at school!'" I hissed sarcastically at the both of them but Ned did not seem to register my words.

"Seriously?" Ned questioned incredulously with wide eyes, looking back and forth between the weapon and his friend.

"Yeah," Peter nodded with a sigh.

"Awesome," Ned breathed out with a smile as he stared at the mystery weapon making me and Peter turn our turn toward him incredulously. "I mean, not awesome. Heh, totally uncool of that guy. So scary..." he awkwardly backtracked and Peter looked back at the tech, curiously poking through the wiring like a dumbass.

"Nice save," I complimented sarcastically and he gave me an apologetic look.

"Well, look, I think it's... a power source," Peter observed the  open wiring of the device with some tweezers.

"Yeah, but it's connected to all these microprocessors. That's an inductive charging plate. That's what I use to charge my toothbrush," Ned pointed out, pointing to the plate in the middle of the device.

"Whoever's making these weapons is combining alien tech with ours," Peter spoke the obvious but I chose not to make a sarcastic remark.

"Which is not only dangerous for the people on the other end of the weapons but also for anyone who so much as touches it or in a hundred mile radius of it," I added, eyeing the device nervously. "And you bring it to school," I repeated, giving Peter a deadly look but he ignored me.

"That is literally the coolest sentence anyone has ever said. I just want to thank you for letting me be part of your journey... into this amazing..." Ned started to ramble but was interrupted by Peter hitting the glowing object with his hammer again causing a loud thud and spark to fill the classroom.

"Keep your fingers clear of the blades," the teacher yelled with boredom dripping from his voice, not looking up from his magazine.

"We gotta figure out what this is and who makes it," Peter declared the obvious making me roll my eyes at him.

"Really? No!" I snarked making him playfully glare at me and I smirked back.

"We'll go to the lab after class and run tests," Ned planned and I nodded in agreement with Peter.

"Let's do it," He agreed and the two friends did a weird, convoluted handshake that took a solid minute to get through. I stared at them with raised eyebrows.