Puppy-uh...Adoration?

"I HATE MY LIFE."

"That's the...fourth time you've said that already?" Peter counted from my couch as I sat in my corner office in my bedroom, slamming my fingers on my keyboard making my usual white lab coat wrinkle. "You know slamming on your keyboard just makes it worse, right?"

"Fifth and no. I had no idea, thank you so much, Sherlock." I replied with sarcasm dripping from my voice as I furrowed my eyebrow at the bright monitor. I pushed my Stark glasses back up the bridge of my nose as they started to slip off.

"You're welcome," he smiled smugly making me even more irritable. "What are even doing anyway?" He asked curiously, probably trying to use my situation to help him procrastinate studying for the last finals of the year.

"Trying to email every single goddamn chain in Stark Industries becaUSE THESE IDIOTS DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY IT TAKES TO LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY!" I exclaimed, slamming my fingers on my poor keyboard again, groaning. "I mean seriously? Who the hell decided $10 was good enough to pay 15% of the employees in this godforsaken company?! Absolute dumbasses!"

"Every employee-? Wait, they were paying them $10?"

"For the lowest ranks in the company, yeah," I answered with embarrassment as I pinched the bridge of my nose. "The entire financial plan for this company is in shambles. Ugh... I hate stupid old white rich men."

"Aren't you also...white and rich?"

"I am not human and without a race so technically I am not white. I only look like this so I can go through missions using white women tears and privilege to hide and get away with shit."

"That's..."

"Really screwed up? Yeah. But it helps me through missions so I can save people. But you are white so please never get rich. Or old, if science allows." I answered typing in with lightning speed to get this done quickly. "How is studying going?" I asked, trying to change the awkward subject about my screwed-up existence but my question was only met with a groan.

"Why do we even have an English class in a science school? It makes no sense!" He complained irritably as he flipped through his thick packets of notes.

"Maybe because they need to teach uncreative losers like you how to make shit up on the spot about meaningless, vague details? I mean that is a very needed quality for the real world," I mused darkly as I typed away on my keyboard. "No offense, of course."

"Just because you say no offense does not mean it isn't offensive."

"I know, but it makes me seem less like a jerk."

"Yeah...it doesn't work very well," he commented making me give him a jokingly-offended look. I typed faster than ever, finishing finally and pumping my fist in the air, spinning in my chair with victory. I eagerly took off my glasses and half hazardously placed them on my desk.

"Finally! Suck it, you corrupted capitalist embezzling assholes!" I cheered as I turned off my monitor and hopped up from my swivel chair before flopping face down right next to Peter.

"Embezzling?"

"So much, darling. So much embezzling," I groaned rubbing my face into the couch cushion. I looked up and watched him flip through packet after packet, a crease in between his furrowed eyebrows with concentration. Cute nerd.

I leaned my head into my hands and continued to watch him study, studying his face in the process.

"Take a picture it'll last longer."

"Did you just steal my line? How dare you steal my line," I exclaimed dramatically as I put a hand to my heart. He ignored me, smiling as he rolled his eyes and continued to flip through his notes until he got to the last page.

"Done!" He called, throwing his packet into his backpack

"Are you not supposed to do that multiple times so you can actually memor-"

"Shhh...!" He shushed me before burying his face into the couch cushion as I did.

"You are going to fail, you know."

"I said shhh...!" He exclaimed, lifting his head into the air like a fish in need of water before flopping himself down on the couch once more. "English isn't important anyway!" He decided from inside the cushion, not moving a muscle as his voice was muffled through the fabric.

"You literally speak it every day."

"...Shut up."

"No, I think I am good," I answered as I started playing with his hair mindlessly making him hum quietly. "You are a nerd so how the hell does English stump you?"

"Because it's dumb!"

"Well, that is not a reasonable argument on your part and merely your opinion. Which is wrong and incredibly idiotic, by the way," I added helpfully.

"Well not everyone can be as argumentative like you," he defended as he peeked out from the cushion to look at me.

"And that is why I feel bad for everyone else," I joked making him laugh.

"Of course. No one can carry that much stubbornness with them for their entire lives beside you," he jabbed at me.

"Exactly!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up before settling back down to play with one of Peter's curls. "You should join the debate team, maybe your teammates could rub off on you."

"If you haven't rubbed off on me how would they? The only thing that would rub off on me is public humiliation."

"Either way, it would be a great show for me," I smirked as he jokingly glared at me. I mimicked his fake glare in mockery. He rolled his eyes at me before he dipped down and kissed me lovingly.

"What was that for?" I asked quirking an eyebrow curiously just after we separated.

"To shut you up." I blinked.

"Oh my gods, I hate you," I answered pushing him lightly making him laugh. I rolled my eyes at his idiocy, shaking my head.

"Love you too," he teased before we both froze. We stared at each other as I internally freaked out. "I didn't mea-well I did but- see I-" he stammered, turning red as he freaked out.

"Love you too...too...I guess," I coughed awkwardly feeling my system heat up increasingly. He started at me with his red face before smiling, flustered. Gross, this is so sappy.

(I would just like to say they have been dating for like 9 months since homecoming is like in early November so none of you can say they're moving too fast okay?! I pride myself on reasonably paced relationships >:I )