Prologues and Introductions

I sat in my usual chair in the corner with my arms crossed, staring at the old ass man in front of me. Mr. Secretary of State: Thaddeus Ross. Yippee.

My father brought along his little friend there to Avengers Towers. Why? Because he was having a psychotic break. Though I was forced into retirement years ago by Ultron I still had a seat at the table probably because if I did not I would kill someone. Namely my father.

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass... I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives... but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some... who would prefer the word "vigilantes,"" Ross said dramatically making me want to blow my brains out if I had any. Damn humanoid body.

"And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?" Natasha spoke up from the table with the 'real' Avengers on it. I nodded to her silently, silently being the only thing I could.

"How about "dangerous"? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?"

"The U.S. military?" I piped up from the corner causing everyone to glance at me, Nat smirking at my comment while Ross glared daggers at me. Yeah, government workers were not a fan of me. Mostly because my father refused to sell me all those years ago but come on guys, you need to get over that.

He proceeded to ignore me and showed video footage of our last battles from the news on the screen behind him.

"New York," he listed showing videos of the destruction the Chitauri caused and Hulk going awol on buildings. Oh yeah sure, show soldiers with crippling PTSD from past wars, that will get them. I would love to see you show U.S. military soldiers videos of their past wars killing middle easterners for raw resources.

I bit my tongue begrudgingly. I was not in the position to make comments after Wandas' mistake of blowing up an entire building that was going to blow up anyway if it was not for us.

Mistake. Like no one has made a mistake. Out of all the lives she saved, this mistake will cost her and us everything.

"Washington, D.C.," Ross listed showing the helicarriers crash making Sam look down. That is it, I am going to kill him now.

"Sokovia." Wanda and my father stare at the screen as we watched the city crumble and citizens scream while I stare intently at my father. It would be an understatement if our relationship still has not 'healed' from his inexcusable actions from the past. First building me and playing god, then exploiting me, and then making an entirely new Android that wanted to kill all of mankind. Nice going, creator.

"Lagos." The burning building, destroyed, as paramedics wheel away a dead girl. Wanda looks like she was about to break down right then and there before Steve intervened. I never particularly liked him but suddenly I did.

"Okay. That's enough," Steve said harshly making Ross nod to the aide and making the screen turn off.

(I changed the years because the timeline makes no sense for homecoming if it was only four years)

"For the past eight years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution," Ross declared before sliding over a thick booklet to Wanda who picked it up, glanced at it, and slides it over to Rhodey.