Cops and Robbers

Why? Why do humans insist on waking up so early in the goddamn morning? Seriously, the sun is not even awake yet so why do I have to be?

I got dressed and combed my hair, preparing myself for something I never thought I would actually get to do. I opened my door to find Happy with a school bag and a schedule, already waiting for me.

"About time, come on you're going to be late," Happy rushed, pushing me out the door as he handed me my schedule. I rolled my eyes and smiled at my classes, almost all of them being AP. This is going to be awesome!

Not awesome. Definitely not awesome. I seriously have to do robotics, band, and the academic decathlon? How does this boy find any time to do anything? Just kill me already.

I made Happy drop me off a block away from the school to blend in more and got out of the car. When I got halfway I noticed the other kids heading to school were staring at me warily. I looked around to see what they were eyeing when I realized they probably were not used to a punk-looking girl with bright blue hair go to their nerdy school.

I put my hair in a ponytail and kept my head, hoping no one would look my way. Of course, nothing actually goes my way.

It felt like everyone was staring at me, watching me, to see if I would get detention on the first day for flipping off a teacher or something. I checked my schedule nervously, seeing I had approximately 15 minutes before I had to get to class.

I started looking for Parker seeing as he was the entire reason I was here in the first place. I looked at my locker number and figured my father probably set us to be right next to each other and started there. I turned a few corners and low and behold Peter Parker stood in front of his locker with a Filipino boy holding up a lego man. And shocker, our lockers are three feet apart. Yippee.

"Join me and together we'll build my new LEGO Death Star," Parkers friend said, talking with his little lego man in hand. I walked past them with my head down to get to my locker with Parker thankfully not noticing.

"What? That's awesome! How many pieces?"

"3,803," I rolled my eyes at their dorkyness and opened my locker with the combination Happy wrote down for me.

"That's insane!"

"I know! You wanna build it tonight?"

"I can't I have the Stark Internship," Parker lied as he closed his locker making me raise an eyebrow. I ignored it though, assuming that was just an excuse to go patrolling without suspicion.

"You know, I knew you were a nerd but I did not think you were this much of a nerd at school," I spoke up next to him. They both turned their heads towards me, Parker looking shocked. "Surprise, Parker."

"Wha-how are you here?" He sputtered making his friend whip his head towards him instead.

"You know her?" Parkers eyes widened and he opened mouth to try to find a lie but was unable to so I had stepped in.

"Yeah, we are both interns at Stark industries," I quickly lied with ease. "I just got transferred here from Massachusetts, which is such an awesome coincidence! I am Hailey, Hailey Martin." I introduced, noticing a flash of recognition in his eyes.

"Wait, wait, wait. You're Hailey?" He asked, looking me up and down, astounded. I nodded while Parker shook his head frantically for his friend to stop talking but he did not see him.

"Oh man, Peter has been talking about you for days! You know, you are just as pretty as he said-" He started but was interrupted by Peter slapping a hand over his mouth, wide-eyed.