Nine

Fanart by @plagasock on twitter

Made: April 4th 2022
Published: May 23rd 2022

Making use of the fact Tommy made it canon that c!Tubbo lost a finger :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was something that Ranboo never really wanted to bring up.

I mean, how do you casually bring up someone's missing finger without maybe bringing up bad memories?

Their husband was full of them, sadly. They never knew what to do but be there for him and wish he never went through his tragic past. The world was a cruel place.

They honestly didn't know how they didn't see it before. How do you miss a finger not being there? It was odd to not notice it, but once they did, they had to hide the reaction they had as it wouldn't have done the goat hybrid any good.

Tubbo leaned on his husband's shoulder as the two of them were watching tv on the couch. They just put their son to bed a bit ago, so they had some alone time. They use it to try to be near each other as much as they could. It was an unspoken thing, but whenever they both had time, they stayed near each other for as long as they could until some interruption came along. One always did, unfortunately.

The enderman was still questioning what happened to their husband to make him lose a finger. It wasn't something that they really wanted to bring up in fear of ruining a nice mood, but they rather bring it up on good day rather than a bad day just to make it worse. They still didn't want to though, they didn't even know if their lover would even tell them!

They didn't notice the other look up at them until they felt a head knock into their chest.

"Boo? You okay?" The smaller asked, worry in his tone.

The older snapped out of whatever trace they were in, "uh, yeah. Um..."

The brunette shifted and looked at the other, hair falling away from his eyes a bit, "you look like you have something on your mind. You can talk about it, if you want."

The worry didn't disappear from the taller, but they were once again spellbound by their husband's beauty. The other's eyes always made their mind go blank with only love. It made them not want to ask even more in order to keep, what they believes is, the walking definition of gorgeousness, happy.

But they knew the shorter won't drop it that easily.

"Um... I wanted to ask something, but uh— you don't have to answer if you're not comfortable with telling me!" Nerves took over.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. What's up, Boo?"

They swallowed, "uh... um...

how did you lose your finger...?"

Silence was met right after and guilt crept up the multicolored right away for ruining their sweet moment together.

"...It happened a bit after my country started blowing up."

The dual colored tilted their head as their ears flicked in curiosity, but didn't want to push the other.

The goat seemed to follow though, "Techno was standing there with some kind of speech, you were around for it, I thought you knew."

"I, erm... don't remember much of that..."

"Ah yes, memory boy has his memory issues. Well anyway, Techno was doing a speech thing to Tommy and I was with him. I don't remember much of it, I was pretty out of it," he then chuckled, "guess I have memory issues too. Oh no, it's contagious."

The taller laughed a bit at that too, "it's fine... it must've been a lot to take in, really. You and Tommy got into a fight right before, your nation was blowing up, I would be out of it as well."

"I guess. Well, after Techno gave his little speech, he held a crossbow with fireworks to Tommy. I know the man, he'd do it now that Tommy was his enemy for trying to keep L'manburg alive. He'd do it to an ally, there's no way he wouldn't to an enemy," he looked down at his hand, "I didn't want Tom to live with the same thing I did."

The two-toned felt sadness for their husband, they personally didn't remember much other than the raining tnt for days after that for some reason, but knowing that the brunette was in the middle of it and was probably getting flashbacks to the horrible things that happened to him, his nation getting blown up like one always does in the world... it hurt.

"So, when he aimed the crossbow at Tommy, I... jumped in from of him. Had my hand up, not sure why, it really wouldn't have done anything to stop what happened. But since I had my hand up, when the firework was launched, it hit directly there. Multiple fireworks, since he obviously knew that it would take more than one to kill a person. Miracle or not, I didn't die. My hand was hurting as well and well... my finger got blown off."

The goat sighed, "man, I really hate fireworks. Who in their right mind would use them as weapons?"

"Techno, I guess. Though, he isn't exactly in his right mind," the taller looked down at the other's injured hand.

"Yeah, guess so. I doubt he ever had a right mind."

The dual-toned frowned and hugged the smaller, "we're banning fireworks near you forever."

"Good. Tell that to everyone for 4th of july and new years, and maybe life will get better for me."

"I'll just kill every creeper in the world and throw every ounce of gunpowder away. No more fireworks can be made."

"Hate to tell you, but I'm pretty sure they could find a way to make them with redstone. And I can't have you go banning those, you'd put me out of anything to do with my life."

The multicolored made a happy noise, "and get you all to myself? I'd do that in a heartbeat."

"Ugggghhhh, I'd have to put up with you forever? That sounds like torture," the shorter groaned and pushed his horns in the other's chest.

"You'd love it, don't lie to be," they said as their tail wagged happily behind them.

"...I'll still have to have moments with Toms."

"I would never take you away from your best friend."

"You lying prick, you already have."

"Whaaaaaat? Me? I'd never."

"Shut it, you overprotective, touch starved, meow meow."

The taller gasped dramatically, "that's it, I want a divorce. I can't believe that I have allowed this name to continue."

"You said you wanted to keep me to yourself and now you want to get rid of me? Make up your mind, boo boy."

"...Crap. Logic has been used against me, whatever would I do."

"I don't know, bossman. I'm telling you to make up your mind."

"The only thing on my mind is you, Tubbo."

The smaller froze and looked up at him, "that's kinda gay."

"It better be. I have a husband, after all. Not a wife."

"And if you had a wife?"

"When did you tell me you were a girl?"

"I'm not—"

"Cool. Guess I'm gay, then."

"I—" Tubbo let out a huff of a breath, "ok."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! Not a completely angst but giving canonical things a reason!

Hope you liked it :D