Chapter 39 Jiangcheng Base

    Before entering the base, Lu Wenyan couldn't help but tell Cui Zhi that he suspected that the person receiving treatment was about to mutate. Cui Zhi took this very seriously, and he immediately notified the soldiers to check the man's condition.

    Just when those soldiers rushed to the quarantine area, just in time for the man to mutate, they had to shoot and kill him as a last resort. Fortunately, it was discovered early and no one was hurt.

    The antiviral serum did not work, causing the other quarantined survivors to panic, but facing the heavily armed army, they had no choice but to continue to wait for the unknown fate.

    Chu Ziqian and Lu Wenyan put their badges on their chests in a conspicuous position as required by Jiangcheng soldiers, and then returned to the car. The convoy set off again, passed the checkpoint, and drove across the bridge.

    After getting off the bridge, it was another checkpoint. Some soldiers stepped forward to check their registration information, and they were released after checking. After driving forward for about two or three kilometers, they finally saw the Jiangcheng base.

    The Jiangcheng base is surrounded by thick walls. Every 200 meters on the top of the wall, there is a sentry with a gun constantly watching the surrounding situation. Survivors lined up to enter through the main entrance of the base. Solid as a soup.

    Due to the limited land resources of the Jiangcheng Base, all vehicles except the base military vehicles are not allowed to enter. Everyone parked the car in the parking area outside the base as required, and then got off the car and walked on foot.

    At the gate of the base, they still have to line up, and someone will take them into the base and arrange accommodation. Through Cui Zhi's introduction, they know that the Jiangcheng base is now divided into three areas: ABC. Area A is only for the leaders of Jiangcheng Base and soldiers with higher ranks can live, Area B is the area where abilities and ordinary soldiers live, and Area C is open to all ordinary people.

    When it is Cui Zhi and Chu Ziqian's turn, all those who wear the badges of power users can directly enter the B area. Ningcheng soldiers who have no superpowers and those able-bodied ordinary people can choose whether to join the base self-defense force according to their own wishes. If they want, they will be issued a blue badge and enter the B area together. Only go to the C area.

    The treatment in the ABC area is obviously different. Since they enjoy better treatment than ordinary people, they naturally have to bear higher responsibilities than ordinary people. Whether it is an ability user or the Self-Defense Force, it is necessary to perform some tasks of the released army, such as going out to collect materials and sweeping zombies, which is dangerous to a certain extent.

    Xie Wei, Zheng Yiming and other soldiers in Ningcheng chose to join. Hu Tao and Yuan Ye, the able-bodied young men, also agreed, and even two young girls asked to join. However, there are also people who are weak and unwilling to take risks. They are arranged in the C area along with the old and weak women and children.

    A dark-skinned young soldier and a diminutive soldier were responsible for leading them to their living quarters.

    After entering the base, they saw a tent, which was obviously Area C. The Jiangcheng base was originally a military base, and there were not many places for people to live in, so these survivors who had no combat ability could only set up tents in the open space to live.