Then something clicked in those eyes of hers and her eyes darted to the door in a panic. Her face snapped back to a shivering Cy.

Cy's eyes mimic of a deer caught in headlight.

"Did you do something to my barrier?" Her mother pointed an accusing finger.

"Look Deme, you're sick. I said I would help you as it would make amends for my past actions but- ." Cy's wavering voice sounded out.

"You betrayed me! You failed me again! You failed Kore again!" Her mother snarled.

"She doesn't want to be here. She doesn't want to stay with you!" Cy yelled.

"She wants to be with her husband!" Cy continued.

But she shouldn't have. Her mother's face turned even more outraged.

"You shall follow your former sisters and be cursed into a siren."

"Stop!" I yelled.

But it was too late. The curse had already touched Cy. The tired naiad slumped in her seat, unconscious, leaving me alone with the witch.

"You won't ever betray me, will you my dearest Kore?" Her ruby red lips pulled back in a grin.

"Who are you?" I asked shakily.

"I'm your mother, remember. We used to spend everyday together. I love you even before you were born. We are going to be together forever now."

She continued with the dinner as if nothing had happened. As if there wasn't an unconscious girl beside me.

"What if we can figure something out?" I started.

I knew I had to get out of there and I knew I had to get out fast. I wanted to get back home to Dante. Because he was one of the only person that ever made me feel safe. That made me feel loved.

She continued humming but nodded her head in attention.

"Maybe there is a way. Maybe I can come visit you here and spend some time, if you would let me go back."

She stopped humming and the room became deadly silent.

"Go back? GO BACK? You're going back to that husband of yours , aren't you!"

Thunder cackled loudly outside. My eyes darted towards the window. The meadow and fields which were once blooming is now dry and barren.

"After everything I did for you. After everyone I sacrificed for you. You still want to go back to that devil! You are an ungrateful child!"

I clutched my fork tightly.

"I should teach you and him a lesson. I never got what I wanted. Even back then, he won. My younger brother always won. He had everything and yet he still had to take you away from me. The one thing that was mine in this wretched world."

"I wonder how he would take to know the death of his wife." Those exact words were the ones that provoked me to flung the sharp end of the fork towards the crazy witch.