Chapter 26 - New Faces, Old Allies

"This is the place." 

       "You just quoted some person from Utah." 

       "We're about to meet some person in league with the big bad evil guy, and you recite a memorized fact from some place's history. Good for you." Dream scoffed.

       "Well, this is the place. If anything tries to come out and get us from the water, I'm ready to shoot. Other than that, the water will probably slow the living creatures down." Sapnap reasoned. 

       All three of them were sitting on the collection of rounded arrowhead-shaped rocks. The tops were weathered to a gentle curve. Nooks and dents covered the rocks with a place to put items. 

       The rocks were arranged in a circle in the middle of the oversized stream. One side was a smooth rock hill where the boulders obviously originated. The other side was a mixed forest park. Most of it was made of pine trees, but a few oaks were scattered abroad. On the other side of the park, in clear view, was the city. A few tall mechanical silhouettes were wandering around. Despite this, The tall yet crumbled buildings made for a perfect wallpaper. 

       Dream wouldn't admit that that sight was now, in fact, his wallpaper on his phone's home screen. One of the few times he found it absolutely necessary to use his phone.

       "I still don't like it. We're in open view if anything tries to shoot us." 

       "Well, we've got this shot to try and help. We've ought to do our part. For the dead."

       "I guess your right," George whined, flopping himself over the rock he was perched on.

        All their bags were with them, were on a few of the outcrops on the rock acting like seats just above the water level. They were perfect when people wanted to sit down closer to the water yet not get wet. The tops of the boulders were at least two meters above the water. Three wouldn't be a stretch. 

       The group had been waiting for at least half an hour on the rocks in the heat of the day. 

       The rock Dream was on burned through his loose black pants. His mask only made his face more stuffy. "Well, let's hope the unknown person gets here soon." I hope this isn't a setup.

       "Sorry for the wait." A low British voice suddenly rang. The voice was monotone and belonged to a person emerging from the shadows on the forested edge of the park. 

       Once in plain view, the person's sunglasses glinted in the sun. "I suppose you three are the people I've been talking to?" 

       "Depends. Who are you?" Sapnap immediately asked. Out of Dream's peripheral, he saw Sapnap raise his gun partially. Out of the other side, George's glasses were being held as if to whip them off at any moment.

       "That Unknown fellow. Gosh, such a lame name." The slightly deep monotone voice chuckled.

       "Take off your glasses." George demanded suddenly.

       "I'm afraid I don't do that. Apologies." 

       "Well then take you and your knock off royal-coat and leave." 

       Dream snickered at George's poke at the person's coat. It was a dull shade of red and hung to his knees. The rims were made of a thin layer of white 'fur', and his attire consisted of black pants similar to Dream's own, and a white dress shirt. 

       "Hey! My coat is comfortable. Besides: all you have is some blue shirt with a box." The voice was laced in a teasing tone. It settled Dream's spiking nerves despite his best efforts.