Chapter 18: Dream Has an ✨I D E A ✨

- Three Days Later - 12:00

---

Warning: Mentions of Blood/Gore, Death, and Corpses

-

Dream looked up at the patterned roof of the Railway he was in. He was sitting down in one of the chairs in the main eating room.

     His hand unconsciously ran over his leg, which had been shot a few days prior. He still didn't know how he had managed to survive when thousands had died in a few hours. 

     Heck, he had been shot and still survived. He felt like he had cheated somehow. His leg hardly hurt anymore, due to the weird healing concoction he drank a day ago, when instructed to by Sapnap and George.  It was accompanied by a golden apple, though not the one with the weird glow. 

     Dream clenched his hands around his mostly-healed leg, grimacing. I cheated death. I should have died. So many died. It's my fault. Somehow it is. Someone else could have found this stuff but no, we did. We got the items from the person. 

     "Dream! Any sign of a vehicle yet?" A British voice rang out from one of the employee's rooms, through the open door behind the serving counters. 

     The masked teen frowned slightly, his mouth slightly visible from below his mask. He flicked his eyes to the mostly covered windows, and from where he sat, he could see out of a small crack. The blood-covered streets were empty of life, except the occasional miniature live 'creeper' walking, or a zombie-like creature, stumbling like a drunk person. 

     "Nope. Not yet." Dream hollered back, without taking his gaze off the outside world. 

     "Well tell us if you see one!" Sapnap's voice chimed in. 

     "No! I'll just totally let it drive-by, and let us die alone!" Dream sarcastically replied. 

     "Well, then I'll commit a drive-by on you." 

     "Who need's a drive-by when you have a fire ability?" Dream responded. 

     "Well, you'll figure out how to avoid it somehow probably with your path ability?" Sapnap yelled back. 

     Dream didn't respond, and the world went silent once again. the only exception was for the scuttles of metal on metal, and of living creatures walking the ghostly streets. 

     It was true. Dream had a path-finding ability. At least, that's what Dream guessed it was. 

     Whenever Dream needed to get to certain places, and he somehow triggered the ability, a red particle train let him to the destination, using the items already in motion, and in place. Oddly enough, the trail took him on routes he could take, within his skill level. 

     It wasn't nearly as flashy as Sapnaps, or as useful as Georges, which tended to leave Dream feeling a little jealous, but he knew it would be pretty helpful against supply raids they'd have to start doing soon, especially if the military vehicles didnt come by. 

     Dream let out a long sigh, and stretched his legs and arm, with minimal pain. Just a small little sting in the leg, but not much more than that.

     He quickly checked a small clock they had discovered and propped up on the glass revealing the toppings for sandwiches that had previously been behind the cracked glass. 

      It read 12:00. Perfect. It's Sapnap's turn to watch. Dream thought, as he stood up, and walked without any limp, to the back room. It was far nicer to walk now, than when it really mattered, which was slightly funny in the teen's opinion.