Chapter 23:

Skeppy had lost count of the days spent huddled in the freezing cold of MegaPVP's apartment. 

      "Machines fight with... heat sensors... to see us... the cold will... lower temperature that machine can see." Mega had explained, using his British text-to-speech for the fifth time in who-knows-how-long they had been in the walled-in flat. 

      "Eventually one of the creatures is going to knock down this building though, Mega. We won't even know. How do we know the creatures aren't gone? We haven't heard much in a long time. Your walls are sound-proof." BadBoyHalo sighed, massaging Rat's fur as they shivered against the cold. 

      Mega tapped on his phone violently from his spot at the table. The room was fairly empty except for some bags dumped around and a few things of canned food on the bar in front of the small kitchen. 

      After a few more seconds, Mega triumphantly pressed the activator on his phone. "If you listen carefully, you can hear it. We're just not all too close to them. One of these days one will come by and you'll be happy we're alive."

      "If the cold even works." Bad scoffed. Rat shifted under his grasp so he moved to hug her, trying to keep her warm. 

      Mega typed as Skeppy rolled his eyes.

      "Why do you think the machines haven't come by yet? Probably because we're so cold." Skeppy swung his dark brown hair with frosted blue tips over to the side. The diamonds on his neck had slightly crusted along his spine as if it was trying to keep him warm. It hardly worked, but it was a good effort. 

      "Well, I think it's just luck. Actually, we're going to run out of food too. We'll need to go and get food eventually." Bad pointed out. 

      Skeppy's stomach grumbled in agreement. The group had been rationing out food and supplies. 

      "Shut ze ---- up. I'm trying to sleep." A voice called, laced with a heavy french accent from the next room over.

      "Language!" Bad yelled.

      "Nice, A6d. Glad you can." Skeppy shouted. Wow. Sleeping in an apocalypse.

      "Both of you shut up. You're all loud. You draw machines here." Mega glarred at Skeppy and BadBoyHalo.

      "Leave me alone, ok? I'm just telling A6d to hush."

      There was a short pause before Mega's phone responded: "Yea. Sure." 

      Skeppy rolled his eyes, massaging his temples. He and BadBoyHalo sat on opposite sides of the couch in front of a blank TV and coffee table. 

      Bad blinked his glowing white eyes a few times and flicked his dark grey bangs out of his face. Skeppy knew how that felt. His hair could be annoying too. 

      Skeppy was on the side where the window used to be. In its place, there was a large wooden plate hammered in its place. Sound-proof barriers surrounded the side of the building next to the wall. 

      When the trio first entered MegaPVP's apartment, they expected refuge and safety. Instead, they got ice-cold temperatures and rationed food. A6d had also gotten some supplies and joined them before they locked the door. 

      "Don't look so gloomy. I suppose we should get some food and see if there is anything we get from the various buildings. Bad, you have food for Rat?" Mega's phone recited.

      "Not much. Though Rat'll survive. I would like to get some more though." Bad admitted. A long shiver racked his body, so he flipped up his black and red hood. It was the same outfit he'd worn the day they entered, specifically because it was his most comfortable and warm outfit. He most certainly didn't expect to be put in a winter room.