Prologue

"What... no..."
You lay there petrified under the table, your mother and father writhing in pain by your side, you were too shocked at what just happened to fully react.
"Y...Y/N... y-you're... okay..." Ethan managed to wheeze out in your direction, the life leaving his eyes.
"Dad!"
You cried uncontrollably at the scene, grabbing onto Ethan's bloodied hand, you looked over to Mia who was in complete agony, you went to reach for her until a faint figure emerged from the smoke and threw away the table that obscured your vision, you screamed until he walked closer. You opened your eyes and recognised him instantly.
"Chris?!"
"Sorry Y/N"
You were about to explode when he suddenly pointed a gun towards your struggling parents, you immediately shot your arms up to stop him.
"NO!!!"
Chris kicked you out of the way, removing your grip on Ethan's hand so you wouldn't get caught in the firing.
You screamed and got up again but it was no use, the bullets flew through their skulls, earning sounds of struggle from both parties as Chris tore through their heads. Shock once again washed over your features, you felt as if all the blood had been drained from your face but you managed to maintain consciousness.
"...Chris... why??!! WHY???!!!"
You sobbed as uncontrollably as you could, there they were, your loving parents murdered brutally by the man they trusted with their lives. Gone forever. You didn't even have the time to say goodbye or tell them how much you loved them. They didn't get to see your wedding, walk you down the aisle, or meet their grandchildren, or even grow old together as they often spoke about. They were nothing now. Precious memories were snatched away in an instant.
Suddenly the familiar crying of a baby snapped you back from your thoughts, you shot up on your arms staring at Chris and the soldier who held her.
"Is the package secured?"
"Yes sir"
"Rose? What are you doing with her?! Give her to me! Take your hands off of her you bastards!" You hissed as you scrambled to your feet among the rubble, determined to cling to your only surviving family member, Chris glared at you as Rose was taken away by the soldier.
"You monster! How could you?!!"
"Stay out of our way Y/N!"
"Argh!!" You ran at him and struggled against Chris as he held you back from the crying Rose, anger soon twisted into pain and you started sobbing again as the crying grew quieter and quieter. Chris let you fall to your knees and started talking into his radio but your senses were muffled, you had just lost your entire family, your livelihood - the very thing you swore to protect.
Next thing you knew, you felt a sharp sting in your neck, and your head began to spin, but you didn't attempt to fight and succumbed to the drowsiness.
"Rose..."
You will get her back.