Chapter - 63 | Just A Stain

Beginne am Anfang

When she turned to face him, he was already looking at her, and his hands, which had been holding her arms, had lowered.

"Dekho Miss Bhalla..."

"Isse pehle ki tum mujhe apna bhaashan sunaao... Shaanti se pehle meri baat suno..."

She looked at him with questioning gaze and he took a deep breath, ready to disclose the matter to her.

Anokhi was astounded the next minute when he gently took her hand in his, raised it, and then placed his other hand inside his pocket, bringing something out and placing it over there in her palm.

She lowered her eyes to her palm to take a look at the thing which he put there, and the moment she realized what it was, she was completely taken aback.

"Miss Bhalla...", he said, his voice as calm as a river breaking her trance.

"You're bleeding"

He sounded genuinely open and respectful, with no trace of nervousness in his voice.

The moment her ears registered his words, her heart throbbed with perturbation. 

She blinked her eyes down, gulping the saliva, and looked around, then at her kurti, processing the fact that there must have been some blood spot on her cloth that he had noticed and through which he had learned about this

She then remembered having a feeling of forgetting something since the morning, and now she realized that in the midst of the frenetic schedule of event preparation, she had completely forgotten about her date.

She was about to turn around to inspect her kurti, when she got reminded of his presence. She turned her face towards him, feeling uneasy, not meeting his gaze.

"Miss Bhalla...", he said calmly, sensing her unease.

"You don't have to feel uncomfortable..."

Listening to this, she eased a bit.

"And please don't take it the wrong way...", he said.

Though he had no doubts about his actions, he was concerned what if she felt offended.

"You can trust me Anokhi..."

As soon as he said this, her heart felt calm and uplifting and the awkwardness in the air had begun to fade.

She was just thinking that he went to such lengths to bring her the "pad", and that too for her, with whom he would always find a way to argue.

It was something she hadn't expected.

Shaurya noticed her silence and said, "I thought I should inform you..."

"So..."

"You know..." he said, pointing to her palm, which held the pad.

"I hope you understand...", he said, expecting she would believe him.

She looked down at her palm before raising her head to face him and saying something.

"THANK YOU SIR...", were the only words she could use to express her heartfelt gratitude to him; she trusted him.

He nodded and felt relieved that she was fine and that the sense of unease in the air had dissipated.

"I think..."