L. Day Before Court

Chapter 50, Day Before Court
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I'm caught in the middle once again, but I know who I want to live with. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

I was pacing back and forth in my room with my hands in my hair, I was a nervous wreck for tomorrow.
I didn't know whether or not to prepare a speech or to break down in front of the judge, this was the second time I would be in front of a judge in court.

I heard my phone go off a few times but chose to ignore it, I didn't have time to play pretend with my friends and wander off to Neverland where everything is perfectly fine.
I didn't want to go against my mother but I had to, especially if it went against what made me happy.

That's when my window opened, I grabbed my bat from the corner of the room and looked over at who was coming inside of my house.

"Woah! Scarlett chill!"

Jaden said as he helped Jayla inside, I sighed of relief and put my bat down.
I was way too out of it right now, I didn't want to be alone anyways considering I keep thinking that my mom was going to actually kidnap me.

"You're out of it chica, you need to relax."

Cora said as she sat me down on the bed and walked to my closet, she pulled out a sketch book she bought me for when my anxiety gets bad or I overthink.
She grabbed a pencil and sharpened it before handing me both things, I sighed and began to sketch.

"Look, she's stressing me out."

I said breathlessly, I was exhausted with myself.
Jaden sat beside me and rubbed my back trying to calm me down but it wasn't working, Layla grabbed my hand and smiled.

"Let's watch some Sturniolo Triplets, maybe that'll make you feel better."

Jayla suggested as she turned on my TV and clicked the app.
I set my notebook down and sat up as everyone got cozy in my room, the sun went down and we were all into the video.

"Burritos."

Chris said as he read off the phone, we all looked at each other happily.

"undERATTED OHHHH!"

The triplets said in sync, honestly they were right though.

"CROP IT! for God's sake."

Nick said making everyone in the car and everyone here laugh, it was hilarious if I was being honest.
This was my comfort channel, Nick's my favorite because he's an aesthetic and vibe, I said what I said.

I paused the video and looked at Jaden, he looked back at me with a soft smile.
He was what I was most scared about, I didn't want to be forced to live with my mother and maybe he wouldn't want to be with me.

"I don't want you to leave me if anything happens."

I whispered in his ear, Jayla noticed and stood up.
Everyone was now looking at me and I felt embarrassed, Javon smiled at me and looked back down at his phone.

" I'm caught in the middle once again, but I know who I want to live with. "

I added, Jaden just kissed my forehead and laid me down, pulling me on top of his chest with a toothy grin.
I kissed his shoulder and closed my eyes, I was trying to let all my worries go but it just didn't seem to work.

In the middle of the night, I found myself downstairs in the living room curled up in a ball.
My heart was racing, I was shaking, tears streamed down my face and I felt cold on this floor.

I didn't want to move though, I felt like I was dying but I couldn't force myself to go get help.
I felt stupid but all of this was my fault anyways, if I were to just leave my mother alone I wouldn't have to go to court.

I felt arms wrap around me and I was lifted from the ground, I opened my eyes a bit to notice it was my dad.
He had picked me up from the ground and was taking me to my room to sleep, the problem was, I was too afraid to sleep in my room.

I know I wasn't alone but it felt like I was therefore the reason I had walked downstairs, I gripped onto my dad and shook my head.
Quietly begging him to take me to his room where I had safety and comfort, he kissed my temple and walked to his room.

He laid me down on the right side of the bed and tucked me in, kissing my forehead and whispering goodnight as he got in the left side.
I found myself crawling towards him for heat, comfort and safety, something I tend to do since I was younger.

My dad never minded though, he said it made him feel like I was six again and was needing him to protect me from the monsters under the bed.
I never thought that for the first time in fifteen years that the monsters under my bed would be my mom in new jersey.

For the first time in fifteen years, I had nightmares about my mom and I didnt have any explanations for it.
But I know this was something that should be said in court, this was something that would possibly help me live with my father permanently.