XXIX. Blood Stained Shirt

Chapter 29, Blood Stained Shirt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trigger warning: Mentions of a eating disorder

" I would have never done this to you, man, I would have never ever done this to you.. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"What the hell is wrong with you!?"

I said startling Layla, she looked at me and moved away from Kathryn.
I was about to roundhouse both of them, Jayla and Cora caught up to me.

"It was just a joke."

Layla tried defending herself which wasn't helping.

"A joke? Layla that isn't a joke."

Cora responded, I was shaking with anger, I was going to skip practice to knock some sense into her.

"Yes it was and nobody would have known if you didn't attack me in my own comments."

Layla said trying make herself the victim, my business was out there and everybody was going to know.
I mean everyone knew they split up but they didn't have to know that they fell out of love, I was hurt for weeks.

"You don't get to turn this onto you!"

I shouted, Layla looked at me and rolled her eyes.
I was so done, I'm not getting through to her so I began to walk to my house.

"At least when I was in eighth grade, I wasn't so body conscious and tried harming myself to get skinny."

I turned around and ran past Cora and Jayla, I tackled Layla to the ground and began to throw punches.

"Scarlett no!"

"Scarlett, no no."

Cora and Jayla tried getting me off but it wasn't working, I was pulling her hair and slapping her like there was no tomorrow.
I heard my dad and Alana scream and walk over.

"Scarlett enough!"

My dad wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up from the ground, he pulled me away as I flailed my arms and legs around screaming to be put down.
I had zero knowledge I had a bloody nose bloody knuckles and a busted lip.

"Relax, Scarlett, calm down!"

Alana grabbed my legs so I wouldn't harm anyone else.

I was set back onto the ground with my dad's arms still wrapped around my waist, he wasn't trying to let me go considering I was seriously going to try to mess Layla up.
I watched as Layla got up and looked at me.

I began to cry, tears streamed down my cheeks and hitting the grassy ground.
I took a shakey breath and looked at her out of anger and betrayal.

"You are a traitor!"

I shouted at her, by this time Jaden and Javon were outside along with DJ and Jessica.
Daelo was inside.

"You are nothing but a backstabbing jerk!"

I continued shouting, my hair was out of its bun but I didn't pay attention to it.
Kathryn stood by Layla's side with a smirk on her face, I wanted to wipe it off.

" I would have never done this to you, man, I would have never ever done this to you. "

The sentence came out in a whisper, I was disappointed in her and in myself.
I stopped my tears and turned around, I wrapped my arms around my dad and cried into his chest.

My feelings were hurt, I was hurt.
I walked back to the house and went to the bathroom to clean my face up, I heard a knock at the door and allowed the person to come inside.

"I'm sorry you went through that, I'm also sorry I couldn't be there sooner."

I looked up and smiled at the reflection of Jaden, I shook my head and continued to wipe the blood off of my nose.
He grabbed the wet cloth from me and began to clean my nose for me.

"You didn't do anything wrong, she did and I hate myself for even believing she wouldn't put my things out there."

I said quietly, he looked at me and washed the cloth.
I watched as the water went from clear to a strawberry jam kind of color, he grabbed a cotton ball and wet it with rubbing alcohol.

He dabbed it on my lip gently, I winced a bit considering it always hurt.
He gave me an apologetic look and continued to clean it slowly.

He put the cotton down and smiled at me, I hugged him.

"Thanks for that."

I said smiling at him, he smiled back and soon I found his eyes flicker from mine to my lips and back to my eyes.
I did the same, before we could kiss, his phone began to ring.

He looked at his phone and smiled.

"The guys said to get ready, we're going to the movies."

He smiled at me and kissed my cheek, I kissed his and walked out of the bathroom.

Once I was in my room, I looked through my closet and grabbed an outfit.
The realization of us almost kissing but it was ruined by his phone dawned on me amd I laughed at my own annoyance.

"Damn it!"

I said with a chuckle following behind, I was determined to make this boy mine.
I spray my Cherry Scented perfume and ran downstairs.

It was so obvious whenever I sprayed my perfume I had good luck, we even won our first game with this scent.
But let's see how far my scent takes me in life with this kid.