XLIX. Finally Calling To Check In

Chapter 49, Finally Calling To Check In
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I don't have to do anything but eat, sleep, listen to Taylor Swift and be with Jaden. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

After a night with Jaden, I was freshly energized.
I kissed his forehead as a thank you for putting my phone to charge, I placed his phone on the charger and walked downstairs.

"Morning Lana!"

I greeted as I hugged her tightly, she's grown on me so much already if I was being honest, she hugged me back and let out a small laugh.
I had already brushed my teeth, did my skincare routine and did my hair, I was hungry though.

I walked to the kitchen and decided to make something to eat, in middle of staring at the fridge I lost inspiration and settled for some yogurt and M&Ms, I grabbed a spoon and sat down.
I went onto my phone and scrolled through TikTok, I had a lot of edits of Jaden and I which I liked all of them.

I set my phone down as I watched Jaden walk downstairs looking like he got into a fight with his pillow and my blanket.
He rubbed his eyes and sat beside me, I was sitting on the couch.

He laid his head on my lap and closed his eyes, I laughed a little bit and played with his messy hair.
He hummed with satisfaction as I watched the grin on his face spread, it was something I loved seeing since his dimples popped out more.

He sat up and kissed my forehead, he has a spare toothbrush since he's always sleeping over here.
He smelled quite nice, like, like cherries.

"Are you wearing my perfume?"

I asked as I shifted my body to look at him, he laughed and nodded.
This boy was a mess but he was my mess.

"I think it's time that I call her now, I'll be upstairs if you need me."

I told Jaden, he nodded and stood downstairs as I walked upstairs a little nervous on what might come when I call my mom.
I locked my door and turned on the fan, I closed the blinds and curtains after I locked the window.

I sat on my bed and dialed my mother's phone number, I clutched onto my avocado squishmallow and waited for her to answer.
My anxiety was going through the roof as I went to voice mail, maybe she was still angry with me.

I didn't care though, a mother should be more mature than the child, they are the adult here anyways.
My hands were shaking a bit as I called her again, this time she answered after four rings.

"Hello mother, I just wanted to see how you were doing since the last time we had seen each other."

I said, it sounded very formal but how was I supposed to greet my mother after the altercation we had?
She sighed and stood silent for a minute, was she contemplating on whether or not she should hang up?

"Hello Scarlett, I'm doing very well. How have you been?"

She returned the question after answering it, I thought about how I was supposed to answer.
If I said good then I would be rubbing it in her face that I would be good without her but if I said bad then she would want to take me to her house, this is alot to think about.

"I'm doing well actually, I made up with Layla and I confronted the person who was the reason on why we had a fallout."

I said with a smile growing on my face, I didn't even bother stopping it because I was much more happy here.
I heard my mother take a deep breath, she stood quiet.

"Scarlett, you have to come live with me."

Here we go again, I have to live with her and I don't want to.
Why doesn't she want to understand that I don't want to go back there, I didn't have pleasant memories over there which was the reason why I didn't want to go with her.

"I don't want to, you can't force me and no power of authority will change that."

I said, I didn't know what I was saying actually.
I'm just spit-balling and praying that it would work, but she was also stubborn and was not willing to let go of me.

"Scarlett Elizabeth Delmonico, you are to come home with me. I will be there in two weeks to collect you, you have to live with me."

She said quickly and firmly, I didn't want to give her the benefit of the doubt that she won.
I was angry now, I didn't want to go back but that was something she didn't understand.

" I don't have to do anything but eat, sleep, listen to Taylor Swift and be with Jaden. "

He was another reason why I didn't want to move, I would be leaving him here and I promised him that I wouldn't go anywhere.
I heard my mother scoff as she sarcastically laughed at me, she never wanted to take this seriously.

Was she always like this but I was just so blind with my own life to ever realize that my mom was toxic?
I understand that having your kid live with your ex husband is difficult but it's not like I cut her out of my life completely.

"I'm collecting you in two weeks, end of discussion."

She tried to cut this short but I wasn't about to let this happen, freedom of speech was what I was always taught.
It meant I was allowed to have an opinion and make decisions for myself, she even agreed to that.

"I am not a pay check that you will be 'collecting' first of all and second of all, if I am taken out of this home against my will then you better lawyer up."

With that being said, I hung up on her not allowing her to a argue back with me.
I was scared of the outcome of all of this, I turned my phone off completely and unlocked my door.

I ran downstairs with tears in my eyes, I watched as my father look up from the living room and get up quickly.
He ran over to me and held onto me, he questioned me on what happened.

Jaden looked up from his phone and with a blink of an eye, he was by my side rubbing my back.
I explained everything, I was scared that I had made the worst decision.

"I won't let her take you, princess you gotta trust me on this one."

Dad said as he stroked my hair, I nodded slowly and sighed, calming my breath.
I trust him.

I trust him.

I trust him.

I trust him.