XXXVII. Girls Day

Chapter 37, Girls Day
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Well, I just feel like she doesn't even exist to me anymore, she messed up the friendship on her own, not me, Her. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

After a while, I decided to leave the Waltons and go home.
It was still early but I didn't have any plans, I took a shower to get rid of the chlorine in my body and changed into comfortable shorts and a regular white shirt.

I brushed my hair down and allowed it to air dry, I walked downstairs and sat on the couch as I watched the doorknob move and in came Alana with my dad.
I've grown attach to Alana, she's treated me like her own.

"Fun pool day?"

Dad asked as he sat beside me and wrapped his arms around me, I smiled and nodded.
Alana sat beside me and we began to watch the new Netflix movie, HomeTeam.

"Jaden asked me to be official today."

I said nonchalantly as we watched the movie, my dad swiftly grabbed the remote and paused the movie.
Alana squealed and hugged me tightly, I laughed at her excitement.

"When?"

Dad asked as he looked at me, he was good at keeping his emotions to himself but I could tell he was happy for me.
I went into detail about when and where, I answered a few questions that were asked by the two adults and I decided to walk upstairs.

I was in my room for a good couple of hours when Alana knocked on my door, I told her she can come in.

"I thought we could have a girls day and talk about you."

Alana brought the idea, I accepted it and began to get dressed.
Once I finished, I grabbed my phone off the charger and walked downstairs.

Alana and I left after saying goodbye to my father, we got into her car and I began to play some music.
We arrived to a nail salon.

"So how do you feel about she who must not be named?"

Alana asked, she straight up Voldemort labeller her and I wasn't bothered.
I mean, I asked myself this question everyday to see if my feelings had changed but I saw now difference.

I loved her as a sister and now she hates me, I took a moment to breathe and gather my words before answering.
This was a question that needed to be processed.

" Well, I just feel like she doesn't even exist to me anymore, she messed up the friendship on her own. Not me, Her. "

I finally answered as the nail technician began to paint our nails, Alana nodded with a smile.
Although I said she didn't exist to me anymore, it didn't mean I was going to go around spreading her secrets around.

After our nails, we went to go get food and get ice cream.
This was a good day to spend with Alana, she always knew the right words to tell me to make me feel alright.

She dropped me off at home and said goodbye, as I was walking I looked over to she who must not be named's house and sighed.
I felt like I was the one who has destroyed our friendship, friends don't need to text or call each other every minute of every day.

I walked into my house, greeted my father and walked upstairs.
I took a shower and put my phone to charge, I put on a beautiful night gown before laying in bed.

I covered myself with a blanket and rested my head on the pillow before going off to sleep.
I wanted to think some more about the problem but my mind was way too exhausted for that, it just seems like every time I try sleeping, I just can't.

I opened my eyes and grabbed my phone, I had a message from Jaden.
Turns out he and the team had a bright idea of asking another team to play baseball for fun.

I smiled at the idea and accepted the challenge before playing some light music, I rested my head on the pillow once more and slept.

For the first time since the break up of our friendship, I had a good rest.