XXII. Rose In A Glass

Chapter 22, Rose In A Glass
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I feel like beauty and the beast, I love this! "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

My alarm went off, I was back in the shower thinking about what I was going to wear for school.
I got out of the shower and brushed my teeth, the cold air pierced my bare skin once I made it back to my room.

I grabbed ripped jeans and a white shirt with blue sleeves, I grabbed my white vans and brushed my hair down.
I put on a white bucket hat which wasn't mine, it was actually Jaden's but he hasn't figured that out.

I did the original make up that I always did and sprayed my Cherry Scented perfume, I grabbed my phone off the charger and walked downstairs.
I grabbed an apple and made my lunch, I didn't wait for anything.

I grabbed my dad's car keys and walked outside, I told Jaden if he didn't hurry up, he would have to hitch hike.
He ran out of his house, I couldn't stop laughing at him running.

The reason why was because he had fell, I helped him up and laughed so hard.
Once we got into the car, I allowed him to play any music he wanted.

We got to school at a pretty decent early timing, I parked the car and ran inside.
I got to my locker and checked my schedule for today, I died inside when I saw triple algebra.

"You can't just run away."

Jaden said as he stopped next to me, panting.
I smiled at him and grabbed the books I needed, I patted his shoulder and walked with him to the cafeteria.

"Wait here, I have a present for you."

Jaden said happily, I watched as he quickly left the cafeteria.
The team wasn't here yet so I was alone, I pulled my phone out so I didn't look like a loser.

I watched as he walked back with a lavender bag.

"Jaden, you seriously didn't have to."

I said as he sat beside me and gave me the present, I was shocked that he even decided to do that for me.
He insisted on me keeping the present so I opened it, I smiled wide and hugged him tightly.

"Jaden, I love it!"

"I'm glad you do."

He hugged me back, I couldn't stop smiling at all.

" I feel like beauty and the beast, I love this! "

I said softly, Jaden smiled at me.

Soon the bell rang and Jaden grabbed my hand, I held onto the rose in a glass and wakked with him to the lockers.
I placed the gift inside and walked to homeroom, I knew this was something Cora wanted to know.

I was so excited for the day to finish, this was something I needed to tell both Layla and Cora.
I haven't been able to speak to Layla considering she's been so busy, her schedule is hectic but Javon's been able to speak to his family just fine.

The thoughts spiraled a bit, maybe she grew tired of me and didn't want to be friends with my anymore.
I sighed and tried focusing on my class although it was almost impossible, I found myself focusing on other things like butterflies, Jaden, my pens, Jaden, flower crowns, Jaden.

The day finally finished, sadly Jaden said we had practice so we got into the car and drove straight home.
I got home and went to my room to change my clothes into my uniform, I put my hair in a ponytail and grabbed my dufflebag.

Life seemed normal now but things were just starting to get hectic, not just for me but for Cora and Layla.
But it was something I was prepared for, I mean everyone goes through hell to get to heaven.

That's my slogan.