I. Finally Home

Chapter 1, Finally Home
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I'd love to say hi to the neighbors but the problem is I don't like socializing. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"Wake up kid, we're home."

I groaned and opened my eyes, I sat up.
The once bright sun was now a little dim than the last time I was awake, we were in front of a gorgeous house.
I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car, I grabbed my suitcase and dufflebag before walking to the door.

I watched as my father unlocked the door, I stepped inside on to the wooden, shiny floor and felt a breeze.
The house was beautiful on the inside, I walked up the stairs and down the hall.

I walked into a room that dad decorated for me, I loved how it was.
It had records on the wall, posters of Euphoria characters and other actors I loved.

I set everything in the place where it's supposed to be before I walked downstairs, it was only six in the afternoon so I decided to make a light snack.
I grabbed a bowl and poured some lucky charms, I watched as my dad walk into the house once more with a smile on his face.

"Hungry?"

He asked as he washed his hands before kissing my forehead and sitting next to me, I shook my head.

"Not really, what's got you all happy?"

I asked smiling.

"So, you have a great arm, I just think you'll be a great team player on my new team."

I sighed and got up from the table, I placed my dish in the sink and looked at him as if he was growing three ears.
I don't play baseball anymore, I didn't want people teasing me over my gender.

"Nope, not a chance."

I said as I pursed my lips before leaving the dining room, I walked into the living room and took a deep breath.
Dad followed me into the living room and stood in front of me, grabbing my shoulders and forcing me to make eye contact.

"Scarlett, my team is nothing like the other team, I can promise you that."

My dad reassured me, I still didn't believe it.
I wasn't trying to sound rude but I just didn't want to do it, I couldn't take a chance and risk getting picked on, on my first day here.

"Zero chance, I'd rather take algebra 2."

I said as I moved away from him, it was summer break.
Well it was the middle of summer break, I was wearing high waisted shorts and a light red crop-top.

I was wearing black dirty converse, I had my hair in a high ponytail with my bangs framing my face.
The sun was still out so that was good, I grabbed my phone and looked at my dad.

"At least go talk to the neighbors, they have two sons around your age. I coach one of them as well."

My dad said as we walked outside of the house, he pointed to the house two doors down from us.
I looked at him and shook my head, I didn't like making friends if that meant I had to make the first move.

" I'd love to say hi to the neighbors but the problem is I don't like socializing. "

I responded as I walked to the house on our left, Layla was our neighbor so I was glad to say I could walk over there.
I knocked on her door and waited for a response.

It felt like forever when the door finally opened, revealing a familiar green eyed girl.
I hugged Layla and we walked inside of her house, hers was just like mine.

The only difference was that she had four other siblings and I had none, we walked upstairs to her room.
We began talking about how school is going to be but got interrupted when her phone rang.

"It's Cora!"

She squealed before answering, we all talked to each other before making plans to meet up at Onward gym.
Cora was always there to get out any energy she had so it wasn't really weird for us to go there.

Of course it would be my first time going but I've been there through FaceTime so I wasn't really surprised when I found myself at the entrance.
As we walked in we noticed different boys and girls working out, I looked around trying to get familiarity but nothing came yet.

We greeted Cora but didn't hug her because she was all sweaty, we waited for her to take a quick shower before we left with her to walk around.
The night soon arrived and I found myself outside of my house, I was practicing cartwheels and backflips when someone approached me.

"Hey, you're our new neighbor right?"

I looked up and got a good look at the person who decided to approach me, he looked around my age.
He had braces, a buzzcut, eyebrow slit and he was about an inch or two taller than me.

"Yeah, Scarlett Delmonico."

I said smiling, the boy returned the smile and we shook hands.

"I'm Javon Walton, my nick name's wanna."

I laughed slightly at his nickname, I didn't want to ask why his nickname was that so I just stopped laughing and smiled.

"Well wanna, do you 'wanna' cartwheel with me?"

I mentally pushed myself in front of a bus for making that corny, dumb joke but to my surprise he laughed at it.
We began to cartwheel and do little tricks, it was fun.

As I grew tired, I said goodnight to Javon and walked to the house.
That was one new friend, but dad said he's a twin so I guess I have to hope his twin makes the first move.