XII. Criminal Minds Date

Chapter 12, Criminal Minds Date
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Nobody's ever really sat down and binged Criminal Minds with me, thank you. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"Scarlett!"

I was shook awake as I sat up the sun was beginning to set, I rubbed my eyes and looked at Javon confused.
Annoyed, I put my head in my hands as I realized my dreams got the best of me.

"You okay?"

Javon's voice was soft, I nodded with a smile although I was annoyed at the fact.

"I just, I want to binge watch Criminal Minds."

I responded, I walked to my house and found my dad passed out on the couch.
I grabbed a blanket and threw it on him before I went upstairs, I changed into an oversized shirt and shorts.

I brushed my hair and laid in bed, I went onto Netflix and began to play criminal minds from the beginning.
As I was watching it, my phone began to ring.

Wannabe #2 is calling

Accept or Decline

"Hey Jaden."

I said with a smile, he called me on FaceTime.
I went on pause because I didn't feel like showing my face, he was on his bed.

"Show your face, you little gremlin."

He said with a chuckle following after, I turned on my camera and flipped him off.
He laughed and gets up from his bed, throwing on a white shirt and a white bucket hat.

"What are you doing right now?"

"Binge watching Criminal Minds, how about you?"

I returned the question smiling, a felt myself blush a little bit but I brushed it off.

"About to come over so we can watch that together."

He walked out of his room and carefully went downstairs since he fell the last time, he walked out of his house and went to mine.
Before he could knock I was already at the door, opening it so he didn't wake my dad up.

" Nobody's ever really sat down and binged Criminal Minds with me, thank you. "

I said as I laid down on my bed, Jaden removed his sneakers and laid down beside me, he wrapped his arm around my waist and I pressed play from the beginning.
I looked up at him and smiled down at me, I'll admit that I was having butterflies.

Hours passed by and I was surprised to know that Jaden was still awake, he was really intrigued with the show.

"Derek is always tackling someone or kicking a door down."

I chuckle at his comment because it was true, he laughed after me and check his phone.
At the moment I was laying on his chest and I couldn't find out where I got the courage to do that, but he didn't move me off of him.

"It's already 12:35 AM."

He muttered, I didn't really want him to leave but I didn't know what to say that wouldn't make me sound creepy.

"Stay the night, if you'd like."

The words came out faster than I could stop them and process everything going on, he looked at me and smiled.

"If you don't mind?"

"I wouldn't have invited you over if I did."

I replied smiling, he looked at me and closer to my face.
Our noses were touching slightly and I felt his minty breath on my skin.

"You've got one hell of a sarcastic attitude."

He moved away and walked into my bathroom, I was teased.
If he wanted to play that game then so be it, I'll win it.

My heart was beating super fast, I wanted a kiss but then again we were going on two weeks of knowing each other.
I didn't want to get into a relationship quickly, I wanted to form a friendship and see where that takes us.

I laid back down and thought of the moment we shared, I smiled widely and blushed like crazy but pretended to have a neutral face when he walked out of the bathroom.
He smirked at me and laid beside me, I pressed resume on Netflix and we continued watching Criminal Minds.

Although my eyes were on the TV screen, my attention was else where.
I allowed my mind to wander because I knew it was the only thing keeping me from doing irrational things, things I wanted to do.

Only Lord knows what I wanted, I wanted a kiss.
A small peck if possible but I didn't want it too soon, like I said I wanted to form a friendship and hoped it went further than that.

But that didn't mean that I was going to stop thinking about the type of relation we would have, how healthy and fun it would be.
How refreshing it would be, I was determined to be with someone who is out of my league.

Even if it were to be in just my wildest dreams.