Seating

Walking into the building, I had this nervous feeling sitting in my stomach. I didn't know how I got the seat, but I did. Now I was here to get my seat fitted to start the season in week's time. I stood in the entrance, the feeling not going away. Being the only female in the driver's line-up was nerve wrecking, and I tried my best to ignore it as I was guided to the back. I had to stop and take a breath before we got in the garage because I was feeling a panic attack coming. After calming myself, I walked in, seeing everyone stop what they were doing to look at me. I gulped, not knowing who to look for. "y/n! You're here." A guy on my right said. I looked over, seeing him smiling and holding his hand out. I grabbed it, shaking his hand. "So, today we will cover your seat fit, and get some papers signed. Sound good?" He said, guiding me further in the garage. I couldn't exactly speak from the nerves, so I nodded as I followed him. 

We made it to the actual garage, and there were some drivers there. They turned as the guy called out. "Guys! This is y/n, our new F2 driver." He introduced, but I just stared. "Hello." I mumbled, seeing Arthur shaking his head softly. "Stop it. You're making her more nervous." Arthur laughed, sending me a smile. "Oh, sorry. You have no need to be nervous. If these guys cause you trouble, just come tell me." He smiled, signaling to walk to the cars. I walked over to the one with my number and name, seeing some guys working on it already. "You'll be fine. I told you yesterday what you would do today." Arthur said, rubbing my back. "Yea, telling is different than doing. *Sei stupido." I said, seeing the same guy coming over. "What's his name?" I asked, nodding to the guy walking over. "He didn't tell you? That's Paul." Arthur said, patting my shoulder as he walked away.

Paul walked over, laughing as he set a stool down. "My apologies,*Tesoro. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Paul, and I will be your race engineer for the season." He said, smiling again. I smiled, laughing softly. "It's fine. Arthur told me your name." I said, looking down as I was still a little nervous, just not as much as before. "Well, let's get you fitted in the seat, and get your steering wheel done, then we can do some paperwork, and you can be on your way." He said, helping me in the car. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw the other drivers in a circle, all talking and looking my way. I sighed, shaking my head and ignoring it. I sat down, feeling it move to fit my body. I grabbed the steering wheel, and told them what I liked and didn't like. Paul nodded throughout it, telling the other engineers to get on it. He made jokes here and there, and just made the day overall fun.

I was walking out of the office, heading to the locker room where my bags were. I saw the drivers there too, so I stopped in the doorway as they all turned and stared. I looked down, heading to my locker. I opened it, putting all my things into my backpack when a hand on my shoulder made me jump. "Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to scare." The guy chuckled, rubbing his neck. "My name is Olli. It's nice to see a girl in this level of sport." He said, making me confused. "Is that suppose to be taken in a good way?" I asked, turning to him. He saw my glare and gulped. "Maybe that came out the wrong way." He said, backing a step away. "Woah, woah. Already starting trouble, Olli." Another guy said, coming up to us. "My name is Oscar, and I'm sorry about Olli. I think he means it's nice to see a girl in this sport, as not many are here from stupid people." Oscar smiled. I nodded my head, grabbing my stuff. 

I got my jacket on, putting my backpack on. I grabbed my helmet, and gloves, and shut the locker. "Well, thanks." I said, walking off. "Dude, you have to learn a new way of saying compliments." I heard a guy say, making me shake my head. "That came out so wrong. She probably hates me now." Olli said, making me chuckle. I smiled at them all as I walked out. I went to the parking lot, going to my bike. I stared at her, nodding my head in approval. I got on the bike, getting my helmet on. I turned my music on before putting my phone in the holder. I started the engine, letting the engine warm up before putting it in gear. As I was driving out of the parking lot, I saw the boys walking out. They looked at me, all seeming impressed. I shut my visor with a quick swipe of my hand, before speeding off down the road. I smirked to myself as I probably just showed them what a diva I am.

 I smirked to myself as I probably just showed them what a diva I am

*Sei Stupido(Italian): Your stupid

*Tesoro(Italian): Darling