Chapter - 60 | Sincerely Grateful

Start from the beginning

Shaan shook his head in disbelief, knowing he would never be able to defy his obstinate son.

"Aur haan Dad..."

"Apni medicines time se lena..."

"Okay... Okay...", surrendered Shaan.

"Main samajh gaya tumhaari baat Shaurya... Ab tum jaao... Lecture ke liye late ho rha hai..."

"Jee...", he said as he walked away, smiling.

Shaurya entered the class, and the first person he saw was her. He didn't know why his orbs always ended up landing on her unconsciously.

As he walked in, he closed the door behind him, and everyone greeted him. He began his lecture, and it continued.

The class was soon over, and it was time to move on to the next one.

A test with a high weightage for the end-of-semester exams was scheduled for today.

Mrs. Jaya Sehgal entered because she was in charge of invigilation, and the test began.

Anokhi had prepared for it as usual and was engrossed in writing her exam. But, unbeknownst to her, someone was plotting something nefarious behind her back.

It was Nyasha. She was so envious of Anokhi's academic achievements that she devised a cunning plan to tarnish Anokhi's reputation

She carefully slid her hand into her pocket, looking around to make sure no one was watching her, and then she tossed that white paper chit towards Anokhi's bench, which landed just beside where she was sitting. She smirked as she completed her task.

Swaying her hair strands elegantly, she stood up and called out, "Excuse me Mam..."

"Yes Nyasha... Any problem ?...", Jaya said.

"Yes Mam... Bohot badi problem...", she said dramatically.

Anokhi, who was writing at the time, heard it but shrugged it off, not wanting to be distracted from her work.

"Kya baat hai ?...", Jaya asked.

"Vo darasal Mam... Hum sab yaha itni mehnat se paper de rhe hai... Lekin ek student aisa hai jo cheating karke humesha top kar jaata hai aur humaari mehnat waste ho jaati hai...", she fabricated a story.

Everyone's gaze was drawn to her now, and Anokhi, too, came to a halt when the word "topper" was mentioned.

"Saaf – saaf bolo Nyasha... Hum sabka time waste mat karo...", Jaya said.

"Okay to suniye Mam..."

"Yeh dekhiye...", she bowed slightly towards Anokhi's bench, which was directly in front of her, and picked up the folded chit that she had thrown there.