The door clicked open, making the two girls swiftly look at it, seeing Jimin standing with his head low. "Bitna, can I... talk to Minnie?" he asked with a small voice, his eyes still glued to the floor.

"Of course," Bitna said before shooting a comforting smile to her, passing Jimin in the doorway after. Mina watched as he gently closed the door, afraid to make any loud noises that could make her uncomfortable.

"Jimin," Mina spoke up, making Jimin swallow harshly as he made his way to her side. He couldn't bring himself to look at her in the eyes, afraid to see the person he hurt.

"I-I'm so sorry," Jimin said, his voice already cracking. "This is all my fault."

"No, it's not," Mina disagreed almost immediately, reaching out to grab onto his hand, making him jump and for the blood to naturally reach his face.

"I... I just got so hurt when you rejected me, and I don't know..." his voice trailed off, keeping his eyes stuck on the interesting pattern of the hospital blanket. "Jungkook said I should ask you to the Ball, so I guess I just got my hopes up too high."

What?

"Jungkook told you to ask me?" Mina furrowed her eyebrows deeply, feeling her grasp around Jimin's hand loosen a bit.

"Yeah, I don't know, he thought that you liked me," Jimin said, the words reminding him of the dumb reason he let himself become a villain and hurt her.

"I'm sorry, Jimin," Mina said after she took a short glance into his brain, knowing his thoughts and how he was hurt that she couldn't reciprocate his strong feelings for her. "You're one of the most amazing people I know and you deserve way better than me. You're always going to be special to me as one of my best friends. You have no idea how important you are to me."

Her words brought a timid smile on Jimin's lips, his gaze wandering to her hand that he felt himself taking a stronger hold of. "You're important to me too. And don't worry, Minnie. Feelings are feelings and we can't control them. But maybe I'll figure out how. You know how competitive I am."

Mina laughed with Jimin, but her mind was wandering somewhere else as they continued to converse in the hospital room.

Why would Jungkook tell him to ask me?

-

"This is going to hurt."

Jungkook hissed as Master Chan pierced through the wound on his shoulder, preparing to stitch it together. "Ow!"

"I told you it was going to hurt," Master remarked, his deep voice resonating in Jungkook's ear as he sat on the floor, Master on his side with a ton of bloody tissues on the living room table behind them.

Jungkook let out a frustrated sigh as he fiddled with his fingers, taking a deep breath in and letting the eucalyptus-scented lit candles invade his senses. The curtains were drawn, blocking the setting sun that would have bothered Master in his work to stitch Jungkook's stab wound.

The events of hours before replayed in Jungkook's mind. When the ambulance came, he had watched Mina go into it before running away, unable to fly due to his wound. He was sure he left a trail of blood to Master's door.

"I can't do anything right nowadays," Jungkook bit his lip, regretting it when he felt the sting of the cut on his lip from when Jimin head-butted him earlier. "Not as Jungkook, or even as Firedrake."

"You are just stressed out," Master told him as he continued stitching. "Being a teenager in the day and superhero by night is not easy. These are known to be the most confusing years of your life when you find out who you are. It's a difficult road but it's important. You're a strong person, Jungkook. You and Raven are the strongest people I've ever met."

"Raven..." the name had Jungkook's voice trailing off as he thought of her. "Why didn't she show up today?"

Master paused. "Perhaps she had her reasons," he simply told her, wiping the blood on his shoulder. He couldn't quite explain that Raven didn't show up because she was technically already at the scene.

"Does she hate me? I feel like she's been getting further, and further away from me. She must be tired of me as her partner," Jungkook said with a pout, looking down at his fumbling fingers.

"Of course she doesn't hate you. Believe it or not, Raven has her own things to be stressed over as well," Master explained.

"Like what?" he sheepishly looked up at the older man in hopes that he could make just a tiny slip up, but instead was met with an unenthusiastic glare.

"You know I can't tell you," he answered, resuming his actions. Jungkook let out a sigh of defeat before suddenly hissing at an unexpected sting on his shoulder. "Sorry. You should talk to her about this. Being transparent while having a superhero partner is crucial."

"You're right," Jungkook nodded, running his empty hand through his dark hair. "I just care about her a lot."

"I know," Master nodded at his words. Because he really, truthfully did know how much he cared for her, how much Mina cared for him in return. He was absolutely right to choose the two of them to be superheroes.

Because he knew they were made for each other.