𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱-"𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝"

♫♫♫

𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱

𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱

Arabella's phone was on five percent.

She had no cell service and had left her charger in Camden's car. Westin smoked his whole pack of cigarettes after the little pit stop in the parking lot.

Arabella got used to the smell but still covered her nose once it got too strong. He was driving her to McDonald's and she'd be lying if she said the thought of it didn't make her stomach jump up in joy.

Most of her energy was gone, used up from crying, yelling, and screaming. All she wanted to do was eat and go to sleep. Her head was resting in her hand while her elbow was sitting on the car door. Westin took notice of her drowsiness a while ago and laid his hand on her stomach. "Almost there" he promised.

She'd ignored him.

Her mind was too busy coming up with a plan.
once they arrived at the hotel she would make sure everyone knew her and Westin were safe. She'd call them on the hotel phone and wait for them to arrive.

Westin was driving to Nevada city.

The familiar red and yellow colors come into view as Westin drove into the McDonald's drive-through. He didn't bother asking her what she wanted because he already knew.

The last hour driving to the city was spent with Arabella eating and dozing off. She was sure every now and then that she'd heard the rattle of a pill bottle.

She wasn't too sure though. Or maybe she didn't want to be sure.

A gleaming hotel sign came into Arabella's vision from outside the passenger window. It read "Harmony Ridge Hotel." She made certain to remember the name considering how it was her ticket out.

Westin found parking and shut off the car engine. He was like a stray cat. Any move would frighten him. On the outside, he seemed in control, but Arabella knew that he was terrified of being sent away again.

She knew that if she wanted to get him home safely, along with herself, she would have to play her cards right. So when he asked her one simple question such as, "you ready?" she replied with a calm, "mhm".

Westin slipped out of the car and made his way over to Arabella's, opening it for her. As the pair began making their way to the entrance Westin fished around his sweatpant pockets.

When he didn't find what he was looking for he cursed under his breath while clenching his jaw in annoyance. Arabella noticed his visible turmoil but chose to act oblivious toward the action. Usually, she would ask him what was wrong but her care-like nature was not present at the time.

The second the pair entered the fancy hotel eyes of obvious disgust gravitated to them.Westin paid no mind to them but Arabella hugged her stomach in discomfort at the staring. She knew they looked like they'd just been in a brawl of some sort.

Westin turned around to face her once they reached the front desk. "Go take a seat while I check us in."

Nodding, she walked over to the waiting area and Sat down on one of the leather black seats. dragging her legs up to her chest, she rests her head on her knees as she waits.

A certain stare she could feel more than the others so she looked around feeling a tiny bit uncomfortable. When she realized the patronizing stare was coming from the man at the front desk she relaxed ever so little.

He didn't look mean or creepy, instead, he had a rather kind face with a salt and pepper beard littering his chin and cheeks.

His stare was being tossed from her to Westin, face passive and worrisome. Arabella concluded that she'd probably looked like she'd been kidnapped. Ironic, because she had in a way.

She was sure her face showed no interest in being at the hotel and her stand-offish body language towards Westin didn't help. Soon enough the clerk's attention got pulled back to Westin who she'd sure had given him a smart or threatening remark. Probably both.

From her vision, she could detect that the two men were having a simple conversation. Although Westin hadn't pulled card his card or any money once. He paid with a ten-dollar bill for her food, not a card. With a brisk slightly scared nod from the clerk, he grabbed one keycard and handed it to Westin.

Arabella took that as her clue to wall back over there. With the click of his teeth, Westin pointed in the direction they were going with his head.

The elevator floors went up and up and up, Until finally, they reached what she was sure was the penthouse. Arabella followed after Westin, she was starting to feel like a lost puppy.

Arabella didn't really know what to do. To Call for help she needed Westin to be distracted.  he was focused on emptying his pockets of his car keys, cigarettes, a lighter, and his pill bottle.

Her eyes zeroed in on the pill bottle.
Take a shower. Call for help. Throw away the bottle. The plan repeated in Arabella's head like a broken record.

Easier said than done.

"C'mon your gonna wait in the bathroom while I take my shower, don't trust you right now." Trust? He didn't trust her?

Arabella swallowed the words that were sitting on her tongue. If he wanted to talk about trust then he'd surely learn that he'd broken hers.

Instead of poking the already fidgety bear she nodded and made her way over to him. She seemed to be doing a lot of following and nodding today.

If Westin noticed her silent treatment he didn't address it. It wasn't that he didn't care. Far from it, it was because if he thought about why she was acting the way she was then he'd have to think about what he's done. Then what may happen to him. So he'd decided to not think at all.

 So he'd decided to not think at all

DOUBLE UPDATE!
✍︎✍︎✍︎