𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧- "𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧"

♫♫♫

𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀

𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀

𝐓𝐖: 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱

Okay, I may have a teeny tiny crush on Westin.
Nothing major just a form of attraction to another person. If I just repeat that in my head I can try to stop myself from getting up to check up on him. He's been gone for a while, no one has seemed to notice except me. 

Glancing around the room I see the half the group either sleep or immersed in the tv screen Excusing myself I make my way to the bathroom. My feet stop when his labored breathing fills my ears. Clinking noises echo through the hallway. What the hell is he doing? My voice comes out a whisper  "Westin you ok in there?"

All noises stop but a deep "fuck" can be heard.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good ill be out in a bit."

His shadow moves under the door, "okay just checking up on you." I make my way back to the living room with thoughts clouding my mind. To say I was a nosey person was an understatement in some situations. Kicking Camden's feet back out of my spot he grumbles an "ow" before going back to sleep. My mind shouldn't be on him but, I can't help but think something's wrong. Right when he woke up from my lap he seemed....lost.

Footsteps echo through the house as Westin sits next to me. The room feels tense, but maybe that's just me. I don't want to pry considering I barely know him. From the corner of my eye, I can see his fingers which sit on the fabric of his sweats twitch. They repeat that movement but sometimes they shake. Right now it's a mix of both.

I know I said its none of my business but I can't help myself so screw it.

Looking up at him the sight is worrying to see. Sweat seems to be forming on his forehead, the jaw that's usually clenched is relaxed. But the thing that really gets me is when he looks back down at me. Red eyes sweep over me as if I'm not really here. His pupils were dilated making me freeze.

I've seen how drugs and weed make you but this was different. He looked worse than just the normal red eyes, they were a deeper red plus the shaking and sweating made him seem like he was in some sort of withdrawal.

Overall he looked high, but it wasn't my business to question him about it. Before I knew it Camden woke up with a groan. Popcorn fell to the ground as he lifted his blanket. Before he could even get up I yanked his wrist. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

He nods confused as to why I seem so startled.
We both make are way I to the kitchen, "what's wrong bella?" Camden lets out. Oh I don't know just maybe your best friend just got high in your bathroom. Although that sounded pretty intense to say out loud so I settled for "Westin seems off."

Camden ruffles his hair in thought "off how?"

"Like..high"

His movements stop completely before he's basically running back out of the kitchen and into the living room. In a hurry I follow him only to him examining Westin's face see both hands holding each side of his cheek.

Was this my fault? Should I have said something sooner? Was Westin okay?

Everything was moving in slow motion, Camden slapping Westin's face. Leah waking up confused hearing all of the commotion before watching the scene portray in-front of her. Zamora shakes Jude up who's vision also settles on the two. Maybe it was me but From where I was standing it seemed as though her whole body freezed. Eyes glaze over before they settle on me. Jude runs up to Camden and Westin phone-in-hand dialing numbers.

Snap.

Things move back into motion as two soft hands grab my attention. Zamora's pulling me out of the house. She paces back and forth before facing me "I'm sorry you had to see all of that."

"Zamora I'm fine but it's Westin I'm worried about, what's wrong with him?"

Shaking her head she moves to sit on the front porch steps. I Join her before she exhales a shaky breath "that's not for me to tell." sirens suddenly become very prominent before red and blue colors highlight the houses a few blocks down. Zamora sighs "Better move out of the way."

We move out of the doorway before two men quickly barge into the house. Before I know it they pull Westin out on a stretcher, plastic covers his mouth and nose. The groups all out of the house by now. This all feels so surreal, was witnessing trauma on everyone's faces supposed to cause such numbness?

They pull him into a truck before closing the doors and driving off.

A man walks up to us all glancing at Leah for a few seconds longer before speaking

"We need someone to make a statement plus explanation as to what happened."

Camden's gaze snaps to me, I pick at the loose skin around my nails before mumbling "yes I'll explain"

Leah's teary eyes fall onto me not of anger but of curiosity. "Great please begin when your ready. "

The rest was a blur. Jude called Westin's mom, Camden told Zamora to take me home then meet the rest of them at the hospital. I wanted to argue and ask why I couldn't go also but seeing how close they are I'm guessing they don't trust me enough just yet. It's understandable considering that they don't know me that well and me the same.

I told them to keep me updated, To which they agreed to.

It was about 5am by the time my face hit the cold pillow that lay on my bed.

You better believe I didn't get a wink of sleep.