𝐎𝐧𝐞- "𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐬"

♪♪♪

𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱

𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱

𝐖𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍
𝐓𝐰- 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐬/𝐒𝐮𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐞

     It all started when my mess of a father let me drink beer for the first time. I was 10 at the time, all of his friends sat around our living room cheering on the football game that was displayed on the tv. Dad said I could stay up past my bedtime to watch the game. He must have thought it was a good father-son bonding time, but it messed up my life before it could even begin.

Mom was out late working an extra shift at the hospital. Dad saw it as the perfect opportunity to invite multiple assholes from his job over to our house. The house smelled of alcohol and old gym bags. "Hey, son go graab me anotherr beer will ya!" David Colten pushed my shoulder to indicate me going to get his drink. If you ask me he seemed like he had already had enough with his slurred words and constant aggressive laughing with the other guys about dumb things.

Ten-year-old me jumped from the coach before making my way to the kitchen. Multiple guys yelled for me to get them more drinks including my dad. Mom hid all the liquor and beer in a high cabinet to keep from accidents. The cabinet was too high for my small frame so I searched the house for a step stool of some sort. Finally, I found one and used it to my advantage before climbing onto the cold counter. My feet didn't bear socks so I scrunched my toes to get used to the cool surface.

My tiny fingers skimmed past all of the alcohol before grabbing the one they all had been drinking. Grabbing the bottle I didn't think it would be so heavy, in a blink of an eye the bottle slipped out of my hand broke and into pieces onto the ground. "What the hell did you do!?" whipping my head around my dad barges into the kitchen before snatching me off of the counter and putting me back onto the ground. Wincing I feel sharp glass enter my feet causing blood to immediately leak out. Dad doesn't show worry instead he drags me by my arm back into the living room.

He throws me onto the sofa before grabbing a half-empty bottle of what I'm guessing was vodka. Pours all of it into a cup before shoving it into my face. "Drink" cheers erupt from all around the room encouraging me on. "I-im not allowed to drink-" slap!

A hand grazes my cheek followed by stinging. "I said, drink boy!" dad yells in my face, his skin all red seething with anger while he shoves the cup farther into my face. With shaky hands, I grab the cup before drinking it taking small sips. Burning sensations fill my lungs before I throw a coughing fit. Nobody helps, they continue their chatter and laughter. "All of it" dad states before leaning towards the couch as he watches me.

Small sips hurt the most so after a while I gradually downed the whole thing. Immediately after my chest begins hurting, dad grabs another bottle before pouring more into the cup. "Drink" it continued all night before I eventually made a run for it to the bathroom and emptied my stomach into our toilet.