No Way Out: Final Part

Your phone rings and you take it out to see a text from Spencer. We found George and another woman. She's dead, but George is fine. You turn your phone to show Gideon, and he takes out his glasses to read what you have on there. You don't want Frank knowing what it says just yet. Gideon nods once, removes his glasses, and you put your phone away.

"One is perfection. Two are decadent," Frank says, getting out of his seat.

"You take another step, and I will shoot you," Derek threatens.

"No, you won't."

"Was it that Jane said to you?" Gideon interrupts, thinking of what Frank said before. "She looked into your eyes. That wouldn't have been enough. She said something. What? It's important."

"I'm a sexual sadist. I can't feel anything. Remember? You said so. There are no absolutes when it comes to the human mind."

"They found George and the remains of a woman you killed," you reveal. "I may not be able to read you as well as other people, but I know you don't really care about the sheriff. No, to walk out of here with Jane, he'd need more than that."

"You're getting closer, young one. Jane mentioned how beautiful my eyes were. I looked at her like I've never looked at a woman before. My hands began to sweat. I dropped the knife. I tried to pick it up, but it fell again. I got butterflies in my stomach. Isn't that love?"

"I'm going in," you hear Rick say from outside.

"Gideon!" Derek warns, but Rick is already busting into the diner.

"They found George. She's alive. Get on the floor!" he yells, taking out his gun.

"Take it easy!"

Right as the clock strikes 3:20, every single person's phone goes off as if something is wrong. Rick takes out his phone and checks the news, and the blood drains from his face.

"What?! No, that's impossible."

"Magic time," Frank grins.

"They found the local school bus abandoned with the bus driver dead in his seat. All the children are gone," Rick explains.

You look to Frank in shock that he would take the town's children in exchange for Jane. This is what he was waiting for because he knows the FBI isn't going to let a bunch of children get hurt for someone like him. He is one sneaky son of a bitch.

"You have the town's children," Gideon says to Frank.

"Just the little ones. You profiled me, Jason. You know I have no interest in harming children."

"We will find them. We have helicopters, dogs--"

"The desert is over twenty-five thousand square miles," Frank interrupts Derek.

"You shut up!" Rick yells at him.

"And what with the rising coyote population," Frank trails off with a smirk.

"If it's Jane you're after, we don't have her," you say to him.

Frank turns to you, and this is the first time you feel scared of him. He's standing to his full height, which towers over you in an intimidating way. Though, you know Gideon or Derek wouldn't let him touch you.

"Yes, you do."

Just then, police sirens are heard from outside as three cop cars head to the diner, one with Jane in them. The other ones have the rest of your team in them so deliver her to Frank. They must have heard the news about the children, too. Jane and George exits the car just as Frank leaves the diner with your half of the team. Mark is already comforting his wife just as you exit.