XX.

Author's POV

"Five days back, when my sister was about to get married. The whole house was decorated with her favourite flowers and enchanting fragrance of the perfumes filled in the grand hall. I was standing near the stage with a bright smile waiting for my sister to arrive and begin a happy life with a man she always dreamt of. But little did she know, that the man she thought would fill in her life with bright colors, was actually aiming to ditch her? That he never loved her but always kept his eyes on her sister instead? The moment when the boy was asked if he would accept my sister as his wife, he said a no. The whole atmosphere changed. The various cheers and chuckles were overtaken by silence and curiosity."

FLASHBACK:

Me and my mom stood stunned as the boy got off the stage and walked towards us. "I would rather like to take Alina as my wife" he said as a smirk appeared on his face.

Alina could feel his eyes scanning her entire body from the base to top while her mother looked at her with widened eyes.

It wasn't like Alina was happy with it. She never had any feelings for the man from the very start and always wanted her sister's happiness.

She couldn't process with what was going on when her mom slapped the man threatening him to leave the place as soon as possible. Soon, the hall was empty with Alina, her sister and mom left.

Alina held onto her sister's arm trying to calm her down when her mother snatched her out making her whin.

"Don't you dare to touch my daughter!" She screamed out making Alina frown in confusion.

"I never wanted you in the first place. You were just a burden and still are!" She started taking small steps towards Alina making her step backwards.

"Mom please don't say that now. It's not her fault" her sister said whipping away her tears but her mother didn't care.

"No. Let her know who she is. How she has been ruining our lives. How she was adopted"

"Mom!" Alina's sister screamed trying to cut off her mother but it was too late. The fact that was hidden since the the last sixteen years, was finally revealed leaving Alina in tears.

"Your mom was a coward who didn't have money to raise another child and so dropped her off at my doorsteps not caring if I was going through any problems or not. I have been too sweet to you over all these years but now not anymore. My daughter had been sharing her room, her clothes, her happiness and everything with you. But that doesn't mean that she will even share her love with you."

Completing her statement, she held Alina's arm vigorously dragging her all the way to the entrance. "Mom please don't do that! It's not her fault. Mom please-mom stop!" She threw Alina onto the ground and spreaded her hands in order to reach the door.

"Mom!" Alina stood up crying in hope that the lady was going to understand. But it didn't work.

"I'm not your mom anymore!" The lady screamed "I can't believe this" you sighed heavily covering your mouth.

FLASHBACK END'S

"So, so where were you all this time?" You questioned back. "I was just a homeless wanderer. I asked for help from people, but none of them listened to me.

After a day, of that incident, I decided to break into the house at night so that I can get some important things as well as food.

But that didn't work either. I was only able to get my phone and this bag which I always saw in my mom's wardrobe but never bothered looking at.

I thought of taking some money and food, but there were suddenly footsteps to be heard at a distance and so I decided to come back.

Later when I scanned this bag, I found ten pounds in it. I bought myself food but that didn't stay long. I used to get unwanted stares from people because of this gown.

I could sense boys getting closer to me and had to run for life every single time. A person can live without food for five days. But he can't live without hope for a single minute.

Soon I gave up and the only way which was left in my perspective was to give up. I am grateful to find Jimin. He gave me hope. Hope for starting a life again. But I still don't know how shall I do that."

You flashed a small smile when Alina compliment Jimin. You were happy at how generous he was to people and recalled the time when he gave you the same feeling.

You offered Alina food and gave her your dress which were at Jimin's house since you would often come for a sleepover over at his house.

He was your boyfriend anyways. While you sent Alina to the washroom for cleaning herself, you and Jimin had a short conversation.

"I think she shall stay with me" Jimin said out of nowhere. And now you were a bit insecure. You frowned and immediately asked him for the reason as he explained you about the dream.

"If she doesn't has any connection with me, then why did I dream about it in the first place? I think if she stays with me then I can get some clue." He walked closer to you and held your hands in his. "You trust me right?"

And here you were, no matter what, he knew how to melt your heart. And it was more like a fact. You trusted him.

You always did. More than yourself. More than anything. "Of course I do" you said smiling. You held his cheeks and pulled him into a warm kiss.

He held onto your waist firmly pulling you closer while you could sense him smiling in between the kiss.

Your hands played with his hair but you both were soon interupted by the sound of a door unlocking.

You looked out of the kitchen only to see Alina coming downstairs. "You look good in these" you complimented earning a thank you from her.

Before leaving to your café, you flashed a smile to both of them and assured Alina that everything was going to be fine with her.

You assured her that you and Jimin were there for her although you were a bit insecure about her living with your boyfriend.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Alina asked as she saw Jimin closing the door behind your walking figure. "No,She is my soulmate" he replied with a soft smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Plz vote

👇