Chapter 23 - MEROMEEEEE

Y/N = Your Name

L/N = your Last Name

S/N = Sister's Name

B/F/N = Best Friend's Name (boy)

N/A = Name of your Army

N/F = Name of your Followers

S/A = Symbol of your Army

Y/B = Your Birthday

M/N = your Mother's Name

H/C = your Hair Color

E/C = your Eye Color

F/C = your Favorite Color (you can have multiple if you'd like, lol)

The list will be updated as need be throughout the series.

¥¥¥¥¥¥

Several days later....

Jerome's POV

Needless to say, I was nervous about asking the tribe for double the ingredients.  I may be a bacca like them, but my affiliation with humans doesn't have me on their good side.  I mean, they almost killed me last time because I smelled more like a human than a bacca!  They literally thought they were killing a sneaky human until they saw me....

Mitch was pretty nervous, too.  Maybe because I was nervous, but I dunno.  He wasn't fond of this tribe BECAUSE they tried to kill me the last time I approached them.  Granted, I had been kinda sneaking through the undergrowth around the tribe because I was nervous to see so many baccas at once, but Notch almighty, they could really be aggressive!  At least I knew better how to approach this time.  In plain sight.  And of course, without Mitch by my side.

Like last time, Mitch would camp out about an hour's trip from the tribe's borders.  This worked last time, so what could go wrong?

I say with full confidence before everything goes to heck.

To take our mind off things, we were just doing Merome things, goofing off and the like.

Uuuunfortunately, we weren't paying attention to how close to the tribe's borders we had been getting.

What?  It's been 4 years!  How were we supposed to remember exactly where Mitch had camped?

Or the unknown fact to us that they'd expanded their borders quite a bit since last time?

Anyway, we were both laughing at a joke Mitch had made when an arrow flew at us, nicking Mitch's hoodie and making him stumble.

"Woah, Biggums!"  I exclaimed, looking around the area the arrow had come from.

"Damn, I missed the human."  I heard a voice mutter.

"Try again, then!"  Another voice hissed quietly, though, to my bacca senses, it was loud enough for me to hear.

I shielded Mitch with my body, throwing my arms out to the sides.  "Don't shoot him, please!"

"Great, the human's got him as a pet."

I scowled at the insult.  I was NOT Mitch's pet, we were friends!  "I resent that comment!"  I called out.

"Dude, are we being ambushed??"  Mitch whispered, still behind me.

Before I could even open my mouth, 3 baccas jumped down from the nearby trees with stone spears and slowly stalked towards us.

I glanced at Mitch.  "Um, that may be a yes, Biggums."