Chapter - 56 | Stable

Start from the beginning

Shauyra deduced from his appearance that he was a doctor.

"Jee main... main andar jo hai unka beta hoon..."

"Ohh... Vo aapke baare mein kitne der se poochh rhe the... Shaurya right ??...", he said.

"J... Jee...", more tears streamed down his face as he learned that his father wished for him to be near him.

"I hope you're aware of his condition... Even a few seconds' delay would have been fatal...", the Doctor said.

Shaurya stood there, numb, listening to his words.

"Doctor..."

"Yeh... yeh aap kya keh rhe hai ?..."

"Fatal ???..."

"Don't you know about his condition ??... Haven't you met your father yet ? ...", asked the Doctor, puzzled.

"Nhi Doctor... Main... Main mil loonga unse..."

"Aap mujhe pehle btaaiye ki aakhir Dad ko hua kya hai please..."

"Actually... He suffered from hypoglycemia... That is extremely low blood sugar level..."

Shauyra looked on shocked.

"He drank too much alcohol, and the worst part was that he drank on an empty stomach..."

"As a result of this, his sugar level had dropped dangerously low, and he was unconscious when he was brought here..."

Shaurya's heart pounded as he heard the words. Only he was to blame for this.

What if it had taken a little longer ?

He would have lost his Dad forever.

"Listen Shaurya..."

"I found from test results that he has been consuming alcohol for a long time..."

"It can cause permanent liver damage if not controlled..."

"Please take care before it's too late..."

"I prescribed the medications and gave them to the lady inside..."

"He will be kept under observation until tomorrow..."

"Did you get it?"..."

Gulping the large lump in his throat, Shauyra weakly nodded.

The Doctor entered to check on Shaan, but Shaurya's foot walked away.

"Shaan Sir please..."

"Bas ek aur baar..."

"Nhi Anokhi..."

"Bas..."

"Bas aur nhi...", he said as he moved away from the spoon she was extending toward him.