CHAPTER SEVENTY

"Can I ask you something Ace?" asked Niru looking at the two paper dolls. "Are these two people us?"

"I don't know," replied Ace watching the ducks swimming.

"What do you mean you don't know because you are the one who made them?" asked Niru shifting his eyes on Ace who pulled the blanket over his shoulders.

"It can be either of us with someone we truly care about," Ace replied. "For me it is you and me but for you it can be completely different people."

Niru didn't say a word only stared at the two paper dolls who were on his hand.

"I know it may sound confusing but I'm sure it will make sense some other day," replied Ace.

"The maker always decides on what to make," said Niru turning away from the lake and leaning against the bridge.

"Indeed, that is correct but also the receiver also has the right to see the gift in his own way," replied Ace. "For instance, some people may think you are just a hollow person who hides behind a beer but some people actually think you are a good and caring person."

"What do I have to do with this?!" snapped Niru taking a sip on his beer.

"It's just an example, nothing personal," replied Ace. "Like I was saying the receiver or observer has the right to judge you based on what he or she sees."

"You know what, let's just forget about this," ordered Niru putting the two paper dolls back inside his pants pocket. "Let's go buy those tin of beans we saw from that shop down the road."

"Fine let's go," replied Ace.

Author's Note

What do u think about Niru? Is he really a hollow man hiding behind a bottle of beer?🤔

Donot forget to follow me on instagram:
iamnopopi_hlongwane🌸