CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE

Niru watched Ritana sleeping near him while shivering as he took off his coat and placed it over her. He was once again back to sleeping on the streets.

He reached his hand on his belly and broke the handle of the knife sticking out.

"Umm," he said softly.

"Are you okay?" asked Ritana asked slowly opening her eyes. "Are you hurt?"

"Don't worry about me," Niru quickly replied.

There was silence from Ritana who helped herself to sit upright.

"You know Rita when I came to this city I thought it was my perfect chance of become someone completely new but I was wrong," he said with a little laughter. "I still gambled, I still needed someone who can make decisions for me and I still killed people."

Ritana sat quietly watching Niru's hand which was slowly appearing veins.

"I'm such a mess a big fat mess that doesn't deserve to live," he said. "Yes I did gamble with Sir Python even when you had warned me about playing with him."

Ritana still didn't say a word.

"I was so drawn in by pride and not wanting to let down Jeff who I thought was my friend. You know Rita I was so confident that I would win that game that I..." he said pausing a little as if he was searching for the correct words to say.

"You agreed to sell your soul to him if you lost?" asked Ritana.

"Yes," replied Niru looking embarrassed as he leaning against the wall staring at the dark sky. "I lost and instead of heading myself like I should have I ran with the money which turned out to be bloody Russian dolls."

He let out what seemed to be a laughter or a cry.

"I sometime feel like it's my fault he took Ace from me maybe he's trying to get to me by targeting people who are close to me," he said again

"What?" asked Ritana in shock.

"His assassin took Ace right before my eyes," replied Niru punching the wall. "And I have to find him. I have to fix my mess."

He slowly got up.

"If you want to stop me save it because I'm not going to listen to you," he said.

"I'll help you," Ritana said out of the blue, getting up.

"You can't, I have to do this alone. It's too dangerous and I can't afford to lose you especially in my mess."

"I'm not my father. You do know that right?" asked Ritana.

Niru didn't respond.

"I'm not going to let you do this alone, not in a million years. I'm the older one so I must protect you," she said picking up Niru's coat and handing it to him."Plus, I know where we could find Sir Python and hopefully your friend."

Niru took his coat from Ritana's hands not looking convinced.

"I'll take you there tonight," said Ritana. "And Niru be ready to fight an army of evil before getting to him."

Author's Note

Left u on a cliffhanger there🤗
Where do u think this Sir. Python is at?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯