CHAPTER TWO

The lime street was crowded with street people walking around in their different directions.

 “Niru, do you trust what Eminent said about making us rich?” asked the young man on the wheel chair.

“That dwarf has many tactics if you ask me so I really don’t trust him,” replied Niru raising up one of the bank notes he had picked in the warehouse.

“For the first time I trust him I think we should join his gang,” said the young man on the wheel chair.

“What’s going on with you Ace?” asked Niru. "What happened to being rogues? Our code, remember?”

There was no response from Ace. Niru slid the bank note back inside one of his coat’s pockets.

“Fine, but what if he’s really...” Ace tried to explain.

 “No! We don’t need that dwarf to be rich we’ve got each other!” snapped Niru. “You know what, I don’t want to hear about this.”

He started pushing Ace’s wheel chair down the road as he also rode on it. They drove it until they got to the inner part of the beautiful Neon city which was crowded. The street were clean and smelled fresh. The traffic in the Tie road gave many beggars a chance to move around the cars begging (as usual).

 “Niru look Mr. Somber is also here,” said Ace pointing at the man carrying a cane begging people for money in the traffic.

“Don’t tell me about that liar,” Niru sharply replied, sounding a little pissed off. “I wish one of those cars would run over him like a toad he is.”

The divine smell of the Coast restaurant made Niru’s stomach rumble.

“I’m hungry Niru,” Ace stated with his hands on his bony belly, even from the sweater that hung over his body which he wore the ribs could be seen. He certainly missing alot of minerals.

 “Be patient, we are almost there,” Niru assured him, while he pushed his wheel chair faster, then also rode on it again.

 “Move out of the way! Wheel chair coming through!” yelled Niru.

 “Jerks!” said a bald man, talking to a young man who had the same hawk nose as his one.

 It was clear they were related in some way. Ace’s bony hand suddenly snatched the bald man’s scarf from his neck as the wheel chair drove down the crowded street.

 “My expensive scarf!” yelled the bald man but the two street men had disappeared in the crowd. They drove in between the Central buildings.

“My expensive scarf,” Niru imitating the bald man as Ace burst in laughter.

It was clear they were enjoying imitating the bald man.

 “Anyway, what is so expensive about this?” asked Niru wrapping it around his neck.

 “Red doesn’t look good on you,” Ace slowly stated, his eyes on the red scarf around Niru's neck.

“What red?” asked Niru looking at Ace in confusion.

“I mean that red scarf doesn’t look good on you” replied Ace.

“It’s green you stupid” Niru corrected him.

 “No, it’s red,”

 “Fine! It is red,” snapped Niru. “So, you were saying this scarf will look good on you?”

 “Well... yes, anyway red is my favorite color,” replied Ace with a childish smile.

“Red is also my favorite color so I’ll keep the scarf and no more talking about this scarf or else I’m no longer taking you to my magic place,” concluded Niru as he pushed Ace’s wheel chair.

“Fine,” Ace sadly replied between his teeth.

They carried on moving down the narrow street until they came to a building where a divine smell kept floating around.

 “So, this is the place?” asked Ace looking at the huge steel door right before them.

“Yeah this is where all the magic happens,” replied Niru rubbing his hands together. “You should promise me that you shall never tell anyone about this spot I mean not even that girlfriend of yours.”

“Like I said my mouth is sealed,” replied Ace gesturing to keep his mouth zipped.

“Good I don’t want every dog coming here,” looking troubled. “Even thinking about it makes me sick.”

 The door before them started opening as they quickly hid behind a rubbish bin which was nearby.

 “Why did we hide?” whispered Ace taking the food thrown in the rubbish bin.

 “Shh,”  Niru shushed him, his eyes still focused on the entrance. “And stop eating that.”

“Fine,” Ace whispered back with disappointment in his eyes.

 A young woman stepped out from the steel door carrying a brown paper bag looking around.

“Kaa-Kaa,” she said runnig her green eyes around.

“Coast clear,” said Niru moving out from the rubbish bins with Ace.

“Kaa-Kaa,”

The woman before them stared at them.

 “We made it,” Niru said while walking toward her with a big smile on his face.

“I told you to stop bringing your friends here,” said the woman crossing her arms on her chest. “You’ll get me in trouble with my boss.”

 “I couldn’t leave him, his my friend but if you don’t want him to also get nutrients I’ll stop bringing...” Niru put on a sad puppy face.

 “No it’s fine but may he be the last one you bring,” the woman cut him short. “Are we clear?”

 “Hi! I’m Ace,” said Ace fixing his hair.

“Yes, we are clear,” replied Niru blocking Ace’s view.

The woman just took a glance at Ace then back at Niru.

“Here is your food” she said handing Niru the brown paper bag. “Anyway, where is that fat friend of yours?”

That was when Niru remembered that Jeff owed him two notes.

“That scramble egg,” he said through gritted teeth, with his eyes slightly closed making him look a little evil. “Forget about him he’s a bad person, he betrayed me.”

“I hate to say I told you so but I did,” deliberately rubbed her thought on Niru.

She moved her red hair from her face which looked like an old steel wool with her eyes still focused on Ace who was already eating one of the takeaways violently from the brown bag.

 “Hey! Don’t touch the beers they are all mine!” shouted Niru.

 “Is he okay?” asked the woman.

“Yeah, he’s fine beside the fact that his jaws are weak due to an injury, he’s fine,” replied Niru.

“Ritana!” shouted a husky voice from inside the building.

 “I’ve got to get back to work I’ll see you later,” said the woman getting inside the old building then slammed the huge steel door close.

“She’s beautiful,” Ace stated chewing a bone.

Niru took the brown paper from Ace’s lap as he took out one beer.

 “Come let’s go,” he ordered leading the way.

Author's Note
💙
Creating this scene was very light hearted and relaxed, I wanted to take you all on a jounery not speed things through💜

I hope you already have a favourite character ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
Plz share❤️