CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT

The door suddenly flew in, the gust of air knocking Niru onto the wall.

"Niru!" yelled Ritana getting up from behind the chair.

That was when she caught sight of Mr. Walton and his wife carrying kitchen axes which were stained with fresh blood. She had known the two tanned couple who lived around the building with their three children. They were weird alright. She had never seen them leave the their apartment unless it was twelve o'clock midnight, to be quiet frank this never bothered her especially since they also had religious necklaces which indicated they were Christians meaning they could be trust worthy.

They slowly walked toward Niru who was still lying on the floor with the door on top of him. Ritana picked the chair which was in front of her and threw it at them. Mrs. Walton easily kicked the chair as it broke into pieces.

"Niru get up!" yelled Ritana slowly moving backwards while recycling a little prayer.

The lights started flittering as their faces started peeling off. Ritana's yell fading inside Niru's ears. His eyes shot open, violently pushing the door off him. It headed for the couple. Knocking them over.

His body rapidly pulled him onto his feet. He pulked Ritana by her arm, his other hand wrapping it around her waist. Her eyes widened. The couple knocking the broken door interrupting them.

Niru headed for the window. "No, no, no, NIRU!" Ritana yelled realizing Niru knocking his shoulder on the window with too much force setting them both out. Wind blew through Ritana's lungs making the world turn quiet. Glimpse of images of thousand religious necklaces flashing in her head.

Why now? Years had passed, why now were these images returning to him. "Donot make mistake,"

"I won't," she had replied.

They crashed on top of a rusted garbage bin setting Ritana back to the presence. She started coughing as she slowly opened her eyes. She ontop of Niru, inside his big hands which acted as a barrier from the force.

"You okay?" he asked softly, his eyes on her.

Ritana nodded stupidly unable to say a word. Knives suddenly came flying from nowhere as Niru covered Ritana's body with his hands then rolled down the rusted garbage bin, dodging the knives from reach him or Ritana. Huge Shadows suddenly appeared on the walls of the old building.

"Get out of here I'll catch up," he said as he slowly got on his feet. "Now Rita!"

Ritana rapidly got up running down the dark narrow passage as Niru's panga machete slowly slid down his arm onto his hand. The huge shadow which looked identical to an primate raced passed Mr. Walton let out a roar at Niru, heading for him. Niru tightened his grip on his machete also charging in.

It jumped in the air aiming to rip him apart with its huge axe but Niru dodged it kicking it back. It moved a few steps forward. He dug his machete through the shadow as it vibrated into nothing. Niru's eyes suddenly caught the three tanned children crawling on the old walls of the Wreck building heading the same direction which Ritana had ran. Their shadows also looked identical to young primates.

"Damn it," he said between his teeth as he tried running toward Ritana's direction but Mr. Walton's wife appeared in front of him, stabbing him with a kitchen axe on his belly. A loud groan left Niru's lips as he swung his machete toward Mrs. Walton. Blood splashed in the air. Mrs. Walton's head dropped on thd ground followed by her body.

His eyes met Mr. Walton who was niw crawling on the walls, following his three children. "Ritana," Niru whispered also running after him. He jumped on the walls as he also crawled on them as fast as he could. He then jumped on top of Mr. Walton who was a few meters from him, stabbing him on the head with his panga machete a multiple time as blood appeared on the walls.

He suddenly heard Ritana scream as he raced down the narrow passage. His vision was a little blurry. All he could see was their inner system. Just after he passed the bakery he caught sight of the three creatures racing toward Ritana with nlood stains on her clothes who was carrying a plank on her hand. It was clear she had been fighting them. "Stay back!"she cried. The three creatures ran toward her roaring in anger. Blood appeared on the walls.

Ritana's eyes widened, seeing the three creatures dropping dead. Their hands separated from their bodies. "Ni...Niru," she said softly slowly dropping on her knees but Niru held her tiny waist before she could reach the ground. "Your face."

She reached her hand onto his face which was peeling off on its left side. "Shh, you are safe now," he said picking her up and heading down the dark narrow passage.

Author's Note

Another action packed chapter (ง'̀-'́)ง
WHAT U ALL THINK? CAN NOT WAIT TO HEAR UR THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS ONE❤️