CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE

"Ace! Ace! Ace!" yelled Niru while trying to get up but his body hurt like hell.

"Stay down you are going to hurt yourself even more," said a familiar voice.

"K... Kay? What am I doing here?" asked Niru while reaching his hand toward the panga machete which was a few distance from him.

"Don't even think of holding that thing," said Kay pointing his gun at Niru.

The loud noise from outside which Niru was sure came from people who were laughing and chatting caught his ears. The entrance of the tent suddenly opened and Razor's face appeared.

"So he's awake," he said puffing out smoke from his lips. "Kay put that thing down and you, come join us outside there is plenty of liquor outside which I'm sure you'll be delighted to drink."

After he had said his last sentence his face disappeared from the tent's entrance.

"On your left there are new clothes for you," said Kay before heading out.

After a few minutes Niru limped toward the steel garbage bin which was surrounded by four men which he knew as the members of the Pain gang. The new dark grey coat which almost looked identical to his one and black loose pair of joggers which looked old really but suited him.

"When that bastard shot you on the head I thought you were dead," said Razor looking at the flames before him. "Guess I was wrong."

"Why did you save my life?" asked Niru staring at each of the four men's faces which were illuminated by the flames. "I know you blame me for Menace, Dean, Vinny and Stratus's death."

"Blame?" asked Razor as the three men let out what seemed to be a laughter or cough.

"To be honest Renken I know you didn't set us up since Dice said it himself and one of our loyal informer verified it," said Razor handing a cigarette to Pulse who had his poisonous eyes on Niru the whole time.

"Still, that doesn't make sense why you saved my life," said Niru who was ready to withdraw his panga machete. "I don't trust you."

"You are right we wouldn't just save your life for nothing," said Razor. "We want you to help us take down someone, someone dangerous."

Niru let out a loud, crazy and rude laughter which got the four men staring at each other.

"We are being serous," said Kay.

"What makes you think I will agree?" asked Niru. "You know what, you are wasting my time. I've got important things to deal with if you must know."

"Like saving your friend?" asked Razor. "Do you think you'll make it in there with only a machete on your hand?"

"Fuck you Razor!" cursed Niru in anger with tears brimmed in his eyes. "Do you think I don't know that? Do you think I didn't think about that?!"

"If you did you would consider working with us," explained Razor.

"What the catch? Why do you want to help me get Ace back?" asked Niru with his panga machete on his hand. "Like I said I don't trust you in fact I don't trust anyone."

The three men already had their guns pointing at Niru.

"You see what I mean? You guys are up to get me!" Niru spitefully said. "Guess what I'm not stupid! Never was and never will be!"

"Put down your weapons down," ordered Razor.

"But..." stuttered Kay giving Razor an unpleasant look.

"I mean it!" ordered Razor. "Pulse! Now!"

Pulse slowly lowered his gun.

"Do you really want to know the whole truth? Well here it is. We as the Pain gang are not originally from here," explained Razor.

"Razor I don't think we should tell him anything we owe him nothing," argued Jike.

"Jike is right we should just kill him anyway he's no good to us in his condition" Kay rudely said.

"Both of you shut up! I'm the leader so I decide what to do, you get that?!" Razor asked in anger.

"Sure," replied Kay.

"As for you Renken here is the truth I hope you can handle it" said Razor. "Like I was saying Pain gang was formed in the Mable City by someone known as the Lord and soon spread out to every city and town in one purpose, selling weapons, yes, we steal, and sell high classified military weapons to clients who need them. Me and my team were signed here in Neon city to operate here and we did pretty good with many territories owned by us but then the Street gang started taking over our turfs and using them for the weapon business too, meaning they became our competition and we lost clients."

"It's still doesn't make sense why you want me to work with you. Anyway, who is this person you want to kill because from your story Eminent is your enemy and Eminent is already dead," said Niru.

"I was getting there so can I carry on with my story?" asked Razor. "Well it turned out that there is a bigger shark who also happens to be operating a weapon business and when he came to know about the rising competition and he started going after his competition. In simple words he hired an assassin."

"The bastard who took Ace," said Niru tightening his fist.

"Yes Renken, that bastard is an assassin and soon he'll be coming for all of us," replied Razor.

"Unless we get to him first," said Jike loading bullets in his AK-47 rifle.

"So he took Ace because Ace is part of the Street gang?" asked Niru.

"Yes, and he'll kill him if we don't hurry up," said Razor.

"Unless he's already dead," Pulse spitefully said.

Razor glared at him.

"I hope you understand why we want you to work with us to take down the big boss who sent him and of course him," said Razor shoving his hands inside his jacket's pockets.

Author's Note

Do u believe the Pain gang? Do u think Niru will join them?🧡

Share ur thoughts❤︎