CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN

"Niru, get up," said Ace shaking him.

Niru rapidly opened his eyes.

"Ace!" he yelled but Ace was nowhere.

The thousand dead bodies beside him caught his eyes.

"W...what the..." he struggled to talk as he got up as he noticed his panga machete on his hand which was drenched in blood.

Something was wrong. He had lost this machete back when he was setup by Piama. So,how did it get to him?

"It's...It's couldn't be," Niru said between his teeth as he stared at the thousand corpse before his feet.

The wounds on them were disturbing to his eyes as he slowly moved backwards.The barking of dogs and people chatting caught his ears.When he turned his head back he saw a group of police officers with dogs running toward him.

"Freeze! You are under arrest!" one police man shouted.

Like always he ran for his life without looking back. He ran in between the buildings.

"Stop right there!" a police woman kept shouting.

The dogs never stopped running as he could hear them breathing heavily behind him. One of the dogs jumped on top of him as he hit it with his elbow causing it to crash on the wall of the building beside him. He then ran toward the garbage bin before him as he jumped on top of it onto the ladder on the red brick building onto its roof. He could still hear the police officer's dogs barking none stop even when he was on top of the roof still running for his life. A tanned male police officer also climbed up the ladder onto the roof running after Niru who was already on the next building.

He also jumped onto the opposite building running after Niru. He jumped on top of Niru who fell down. Niru hit him with his elbow as he flew into the air, onto the white sheets hung on the line behind him. He then got up and picked his panga machete. Suddenly a bullet was fired in between his legs.

"One more step and I'll blow your head wide open!" yelled the tanned police officer. "Drop the weapon."

Niru slowly dropped the panga machete.

"Now turn toward me," ordered the tanned police officer still with his gun pointing at Niru.

"You think this is funny?!" he yelled.

Niru didn't say a word only a creepy smile appeared on his face, making him look even more inhumane as ever.

"What kind of a sick bastard are you?!" asked the officer.

Niru rapidly picked his panga machete and disappeared behind the laundry hanged on the line as the officer let out bullets.

"Damn it," he said between his teeth looking around while moving toward the edge of the building where blood droplets trailed.

Sweat flooded down his shaved head onto his uniform's collar while he continuously swallowed his saliva. It was clear that it been long since he had been in a serious mission. He slowly tilted his body toward the edge of the building to see if Niru wasn't there.

"Damn he's gone," he said between his teeth lowering his gun.

"Sir did you get him?" asked the police woman from behind him while gasping for air.

"He's gone," replied the tanned police office wiping the blood from his mouth.

Author's Note

Donot forget to follow me on instagram🌸
iamnopopi_hlongwane💗