CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

"I still don't know your name," said Piama taking a glance at Niru who was near her.

"Ro...Rogue Moon is my name," replied Niru with his eyes still on the half-moon above them.

"I'm Piama Vimtar and this is my daughter Jane," said Piama.

"Nice to meet you Piama and Jane," said Niru drinking his beer.

"Same here" replied Piama with a smile.

"Same here," Jane kept saying.

"Yes baby, same here," said Piama bushing Jane's curly hair.

Niru silently watched them. Piama was truly a wonderful mother although she looked and sounded young.

"Lost in thoughts there Mr. Moon," said Piama. "There are some memories that never leave our heads even when we become new people."

"But if we die they'll leave," said Niru with a little laughter.

"No, they won't leave us but they will die with us," said Piama. "Carrying them to our next life"

Niru stopped walking.

"But if you sell your soul they'll leave you," said Niru.

"To whom exactly?" asked Piama with a little laughter. "The devil?"

The filtering lights of the car driving toward them caught Niru's attention.

"Don't tell me you are drunk already," said Piama turning the corner of the building beside them.

"Maybe," replied Niru following Piama through the dark passage.

The spray paint on the walls of the buildings looked foreign in Niru's eyes.

"What's going on?" asked Niru looking at Piama who had a gun pointing straight at his face.

"I'm sorry Niru," she said.

The few shadows on the walls caught Niru's attention. "Wha..." Niru struggled to talk when he saw the few men carrying guns from the Street gang surrounding him.

"Your work is done here Piama, we'll take it from here," said Jeff.

"Damn you Piama!" yelled Niru. "After all I had done for you this is how you repay me?!"

"I'm sorry but I needed to do this for Jane's father!" she yelled back with tears brimmed in her eyes.

Niru rapidly withdrew his panga machete from his pants but a bullet got his hand before he could do anything with it. "Aah!" he screamed getting on his knees while holding his injured hand.

"You promised you wouldn't hurt him," argued Piama looking at Jeff who had an evil grin on his face.

The loud cry from Jane made the mood even worse.

"Like I said your job is done here," said Jeff stabbing her with a knife on her neck.

Blood gashed out her neck as she slowly got on her knees holding her neck and fall flat on her face as Jane fell next to her.

Niru slowly reached his hand at his panga machete which was a few steps from him but a big boot kicked him on the face making him spin in the air.

"Aah!" he screamed as soon as he landed on the ground.

The image of Jane crying near her lifeless mother was blurry in Niru's eyes.

"Can anyone silent the kid," ordered Jeff with a little laughter.

"N...No," Niru struggled to talk with a size twelve boot on his back.

The rumbling of the chain saw near his head made Niru realized who had kicked him was one of the Blood brothers who went by the name Zone. He was the older brother of Piper.

"You killed my brother now I'll kill you!" yelled Zone.

"How does it feel like having someone to decide your life Rooster?" asked Jeff moving toward Niru.

The blood stains on the little child's body made it clear to Niru that she was dead.

"Your road ends here Rooster," said Jeff as a sack covered Niru's head turning his world to nothing but darkness.

Author's Note

Donot forget to vote🤗