CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

After a few steps from the corner of the Time building someone held his mouth from behind. He felt the gun’s muzzle pressed on his ribs.

“Don’t even think about it,” whispered a deep voice in his ear while dragging him into the shadows.

A candle lighted up right before him. Seven familiar faces appeared before him.

“You cannot go back to your spot they are already looking for you,” said Razor moving from behind him while putting his gun back inside his green coat. “We are not here to fight with you Renken.”

He had known the names of the eight men before him, Menace who was a cruel man with burnt patches on his face, Dean who had long blonde hair, Kay the guy with a small left eye, Jike the guy who always had a straw of grass in his mouth, Pulse the quiet heartless bastard, Vinny the old man with a patched up cow boy hat, Stratus the red headed hairy beast who always dozed off now and again, and of course Razor the leader of dangerous Pain gang.

“What do you want?” Niru asked with his hand ready to withdraw his heavy machete.

“We want you to join us take down the Street gang,” replied Kay who was drinking a beer.

 “Join?” asked Niru with a rude laughter. “I don’t join people’s gangs I like working alone.”

“I told you that this jerk won’t agree,” snapped Menace.

 “Can you cool down Menace,” said Vinny.

 “Good thing you shut him up before I do it myself,” Niru rudely stated.

 “I’m going to pop your head out when I get my hands on you!” yelled Menace as Jike held him down.

 Judging from the size of his hands he was really going to pop Niru’s head if he got loose. Niru had now withdrew his heavy machete from his coat and was ready for battle.

“Let him go!” he yelled. “I don’t burn, I’ll slice you into pieces. You hear that big guy? I slice, I bet you won’t survive!”

“Would you all stop this shit!” yelled Razor.

His yell was enough to wake Stratus.

“Spiders? Where?!” he shouted right before Dean pulled him down.

Pulse’s poisonous eyes glared at Niru from the shadows while he sharpened his panga machete. Razor walked toward Niru while puffing out smoke from his long nose and mouth.

“If you want to leave you are free to do so but know that Eminent has issued a hunt for all the people who are against the Street gang meaning, your head is also wanted since you are not with them,” said Razor. “Good luck surviving on your own.”

Niru stood there without words as he stared at the Beans who was in his coat, who kept wimping while shivering.

“I’ll join your gang but on one condition,” Niru finally said. “You don’t hurt Ace and Nina.”

“That’s a difficult thing you are asking me Renken,” said Razor.

 The seven started mumbling.

“What if I can lead you to Eminent and all the Street gang’s members,” said Niru. “You’ll be hitting two birds with one stone, think about it.”

The eight men stared at each other with no words.

* * *

Niru watched the eight men talking near a small tent. The pug's shivering was getting worse as he gently brushed its coat.

 “Hang on Beans,” he said looking at the eight men who were now making their way toward him.

 “We have a deal” said Razor. “You take us to Eminent and his gang and we spare Nina and Ace's life.”

They shook each other’s hands.

“You better not disappoint us, Renken,” said Razor looking straight in Niru’s eyes.

“You can trust me,” replied Niru also staring deep in Razor’s dark hazel eyes.

Those eyes were enough to remind him of those crocodile eyes which haunted him every night.

“Come, follow me,” said Razor leading the way.

They all walked down the dark passage with Vinny leading the way with a candle on his hand. They got to a small tent, it was built with black plastic to block people from seeing what was inside.

“Welcome to our weapon station,” said Razor.

The rifles in the cardboards were what reminded him of what he had seen when Jeff’s suit case had been knocked opened. “Where do you get these kind of weapons?” asked Niru touching a SIG550 Assault rifle.

 “You don’t want to know,” replied Jike closing the cardboard.

 He watched the eight men get armoured.

“Can you use one?” asked Kay handing him an AK-47.

 “I’ve never seen one, so No, I can’t use it,” replied Niru taking it from Kay’s hands.

 “He’ll learn to use it in battle,” said Razor loading his MP-5K.

“Razor are you hearing yourself?” asked Menace. “He’s never used a gun before he might shoot us.”

“Menace is right we cannot risk losing our heads” said Jike.

“This guy is also known for being a drunkard” Dean pointed out.

 “You know guys I’ll just stick to what I know,” said Niru waving his heavy machete.

 Pulse let out a rude and irritating snigger.

“That thing is useless,” said Menace between giggles.

 “It’s rusted and no longer sharp,” said Dean taking it from Niru’s hands and moving his fingers along its blade.

 “Pulse help him out with a real weapon,” ordered Razor. Pulse went through his jacket and came out with his panga machete, he then handed it to Niru.

 He’s poisonous eyes were not ignorable. They were full of vengeance and hatred which seemed to have consumed his bight glass eyes.

 “I want it back,” he said before letting it go.

Niru didn’t say a word, not because he didn’t want to but because his mouth couldn’t let out a sound for some reason. He slowly took it then shoved it inside his coat.

“Shall we get going?” asked Razor looking at the eight men before him.

They all nodded.

“Tonight gentlemen shall be a day we show those skunks why we are called Pain gang,” said Razor, pride in his voice. “Let’s turn their world red as blood.”

The eight men cheered as Razor grinned.

Author's Note

You ready for battle? (ง'̀-'́)ง
What ur thoughts on these chapters?