Serena's Birthday! CH-70

Start from the beginning

Serena backed up a bit so she could lean her back against the wall and sit up a bit more comfortable and Lucario placed the tray carefully on her lap. Serena looked at the food as hot steam rose up from the eggs, bacon and pancakes as the smell slowly made it's way to her nose.

Serena started eating while chatting with Ash. Every now and then Serena scratched Pikachu behind his ear, making him coo while Lucario leaned against the wall with it's eyes closed, enjoying the relaxed vibe in the room.

When Serena was done eating, Ash took the tray from her and stood up from the bed. "Now you go and prepare yourself, I'll be downstairs k?" Ash said in a soothing tone while smiling. Serena nodded slightly as she let go of Ash's hand.

Pikachu jumped back on Ash's shoulder before he, Ash and Lucario left Serena alone. Serena stood up from her bed and stretched herself. She stepped into the bathroom and twisted the knob as she stepped under the shower. Steaming hot water streamed down her body as she thought of the day ahead. I wonder what present Ash got for me. I can't wait! She thought.

After a good couple of minutes, she turned the shower off and dressed up for the day. She went to her room to do her make up before heading downstairs.

As soon as Ash heard the crunches from the stairs as Serena walked down, he looked up from his phone where he was looking up some stuff with Pikachu on his lap who was watching with him.

"Pi-Pikachu!" Pikachu exclaimed as he ran towards the stairs and jumped straight in Serena's arms, catching her by surprise. "Hi Pikachu! Hi Mom! Hi Ash!" Serena said as she entered the kitchen.

"Happy birthday dear!" Grace said in soothing tone while giving her daughter a warm hug. "Did you like your breakfast?"

"Ofcourse! It was perfect! Especially the delivery!" Serena said with a massive smile while winking towards Ash at the last part. Ash just casually smiled, he was glad to see her happy.

"Now for your birthday present." Grace said as she seperated from the hug. Grace grabbed a medium sized box from the kitchen table and handed it to Serena. It was wrapped in pink with a red string to keep the paper in place.

Serena looked in curiousity while smiling as she took the box from her mother's hands. She unwrapped the paper and opened the box. Her eyes popped as she saw what was inside the box. "Mom... This is--- Beautiful..." She muttered.

Both Grace and Ash grinned at eachother happily before returning their gaze on Serena. "Glad you like it dear. Try it on please!" Grace said.

"Okay!" Serena said as she quickly ran up the stairs with the box in her hands. A couple minutes she came back down. "How do I look?" She asked while winking.

 "How do I look?" She asked while winking

"I-I-Incredible..." Ash stuttered, completely stunned by her appearance. "Aww, thanks Ash!" Serena said as she ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

"You look beautiful Serena." Grace said as she studied the dress once more. "But mom, how did you know I would like this one?" Serena asked in a confused manner.