Ash Versus Serena! CH-69

Start from the beginning

"Sience is so amazing!" Ash exclaimed as both he and Pikachu had stars in their eyes. "Like Bonnie said, the names still need work." Serena sighed. She focussed her attention back to Clemont's machine. "Does mark 4 mean that it explodes less often?" She asked.

Clemont immediately sweatdropped and laughed nervously. "My machines don't explode that often!" He retaliated. "Anyway let's get it going." Clemont sighed as he put a rubber band around Chespin's belly. He pressed a couple buttons and turned the rotary knob halfway.

The machine made some mechanical noises and started shaking around Chespin's body. "Perfect! Now let's turn it up a li--" Clemont was saying until Serena interupted.

"WAIT!" Serena shouted. "Don't do it! Remember what happens when you turn it up?" Serena scolded Clemont who instantly sweatdropped. "Yes ma'm." Clemont said fearfully as he put the controlbox down.

A few minutes later it was still going. Ash and Pikachu looked on, being amazed as always while Serena kept her distance. She didn't want to run the risk that it would explode in her face. "It works!" Clemont yelled, surprised. "This should do though, I'll turn it off now." Clemont said out loud.

Serena searched for cover while Ash was looking at her, clueless. Clemont turned the rotaty knob down and the rubber band stopped. Chespin's body was back to normal and the machine didn't explode.

"I guess not all your machines explode Clemont." Serena said in a surprised manner. Clemont nervously scratched the back of his head. "I guess so..." He chuckled.

"Now that Chespin is alright again, let's have that battle!" Ash exclaimed, forming a fist. "Toad--!" Palpitoad exclaimed, readying itself for battle. "Right! Clemont said as he put the machine away and walked back to his trainers box.

Serena sat down in the front row of the stands with both Sylveon and Pancham at either side of her.

"I'll take the first move Ash! Chespin use Vine Whip!" Clemont yelled.

"Che-!" Chespin exclaimed as vines released from his shoulders, straight towards Palpitoad.

Ash however smirked. "Grab them using your tongue Palpitoad!" Ash said, surprising everyone.

"Toad--!" Palpitoad exclaimed as it released his tongue from his mouth and grabbed both vines, holding it tightly. "Now throw it into the air and use Sludge Wave!" Ash said, throwing his fist into the air.

"Palpi--Toad!" Palpitoad yelled as he whipped his tongue, holding Chespin's vines into the air making Chespin fly high and vunerable for any attack.

"Chespin no!" Clemont yelled, slightly panicking. Chespin also panicked as he could only watch when a circle of purple sludge surrounded Palpitoad who released it at once, heading straight for Chespin.

*Boom*

The Sludge Wave made contact and a small cloud of dust appeared as Chespin slammed into the ground. The smoke disappeared, revealing Chespin to be uncounsious.

Clemont sighed as he grabbed Chespin's pokeball and recalled him. "Thanks for the effort Chespin." Clemont said as he put the pokeball away while Palpitoad walked up to Ash.

That was easy... I thought Clemont would've given me a better battle. Ash thought, sighing as he was dissapointed. He kneeled down infront of Palpitoad to meet his water/ground type on eye level. He put his right hand on Palpitoad's head. "I'm sorry buddy. I expected they would've given you a better challenge." Ash said in a low voice so only Palpitoad could hear.

"That's that I guess." Clemont said, scratching the back of his head. "I guess so." Ash agreed. "Y'know, I could bring out Bunnelby to battle Pikachu. I mean it resists most of Pikachu's moves too." Clemont suggested.