My Wifi- 17

"You are your home"

——

Vote and comment

——

Shrugging my jacket and bag off as I entered my sisters room, it had been three days since she had returned home. She laid on the bed leaning on the head board as she smiled at me.

"How are you?" I asked, approaching her and settling down beside her. It felt a while since we had been together in her room and spoken like this, after the accident which had taken place a year ago we had almost lost her.

"I am good, keeping it all together. What about you, your going to graduate soon from college." She said and I nodded my head, there was only few more months left before I leave.
"Overall, I'm good. I'm planning to start my internship at Betsy's fashion design company, everything is going as planned." I stated whilst holding the best fake smile I could, my smile did not reach my eyes to which I avoided making any eye contact.

"Mother told me about a date you went on, something which related to a guy asking you out for prom?" She asked, I mentally cursed I had no plans on telling mother but she had seemed to had over heard one day when I was talking to Cathy. She was hell bent on telling me not to go, but I decided against listening to her.

As for William we realised we were better off as friends, after Ace I was not in the mood to go on a date but I still went and I guess William had put two together and realised I had feelings for Ace.

"He is just a friend, William Jenkins. We went on one date and realised there can never be something more." I said too which she nodded her head in understanding, I wanted to ask her about Ace but I did not want to come across suspicious to why I was asking.

"You know, Ace came yesterday. It felt so good to talk to him, but he looked so distant, he did not look the same." I frowned at her words, I had assumed Ace would be over the moon once he got to spend time with Callie after all she was his first and only love.
"I must say Callie, you hid your feelings away from me well. I did not once think you and Ace had been in a relationship." I stated chuckling lightly but on the inside my heart was burning, in pain.

"I do apologies for that, everything just fell in perfect with Betsy approaching for my hand it was like everything was falling into place without me having to tell my parents and then my accident happened and now everything feels all over the place." She sighed with a frown on her lips, I placed my hands on hers and gave her a reassuring gentle squeeze.

"He loves you, in the end true love always wins." I said, a single tear rolled down my cheeks even before I could stop it. She raised her fingers and wiped my tears away.
"I never thought how close you and Ace would become." I stiffened as she said that, my throat suddenly felt dry.

"What do you mean?" I asked, narrowing my eyebrows as I looked into her eyes.
"When we were talking all he spoke about was you, he told me how funny you were and how amazing it is to hang out with you. I won't lie I was a little jealous I felt like you had most of his attention." She chuckled lowly, but her eyes lowered. I feared she knew the truth, had Ace told her. My heart fluttered knowing Ace had thought about me, but I scolded myself reminding myself that he only looked at me as a mistake and nothing more.

Someone who was forcefully thrown into his life.

"Ace has his eye only for you, his heart only beats for you Callie. I'm sure there were several who fell for him, his good looks and how amazing he was but in the end...it was always you." I said, she stared at me silently, as if inspecting me. Had I said too much.

"He told me he brought me a house, he knew it was my dream house but I had never imagined him actually buying it." She said making my heart sore, remembering the time he had come to collect me and he was talking about buying a house it was for him and her.

"That's amazing, once your fit and fine you both can have your dream wedding and move in together. Like a dream come true." I said quietly, I had not realised how difficult it would be to talk to Callie about Ace. I hated myself for still being in love with him, I am an idiot and there was nothing that could deny that.

"Ace told me about yours and his marriage." My eyes widened as I looked at her, Ace had told her everything, I wondered if he mentioned regarding the date and how we slept together. No, he would never.
"I was thrown at him, we never even lived in the same house for over a year of our marriage. He was a stranger, he had no choice but to marry me but he has always loved you Callie...only you." I said making her look into my eyes as I tried to hide the hurt I felt. My emotions had been all over the place, I wanted Ace but he did not want me and I could never do this to my sister.

"Do you love him?" She asked making me look away, my eyes teared up as I looked away, I felt as if I had betrayed her and stole her man.
"It doesn't matter, Callie it is all in the past. Ace loves you and that is the end of it. I should get going." I said standing up and grabbing my jacket and bag, I opened the door to leave when her next words froze me.

"He loves you, I have seen it in his eyes. I was his past, but we never went further than a kiss on the cheeks. He looked devastated without you." She said, I shook my head as more tears ran down my face. I did not look at her as I ran out of the room and out of the house, she was wrong, Ace did not love me...he loves her. Right.