My Wifi- 2

"All we have is now"

——

They say appreciate when a Greek god arrives, and I was hell bent on listening to that advice. I watched from the corner of my eyes as I stood with my locker wide open, I watched as girls flaunted in front of him kissing the ground he walked on.

I jumped slightly startled when the first bell rang indicating everyone to start heading to there first lesson, I sighed slamming the locker shut. Upset I would not be able to see any more of him, I walked towards my first lesson which was sociology and settled down beside Cathy Maystar my bestfriend.

"Did you hear?" She whispered, I narrowed my eyebrows at her.
"What?" I asked curiously, wanting to know the latest gossip. Cathy was like a private detective her eyes and ears were everywhere, she knew every gossip which happened.

"Their is a rumour going around, Ace Reid was in love before?" I snorted, I knew Ace my whole life with our parents being bestfriend. If he did have a girlfriend or was in love i would have witnessed it with my bare two eyes.

"I can assure you those are rumours with no foundation. It's all fake." I whispered back, a frown settled on Cathy's lips realising the gossip she had heard was baseless and fake.
"Moore and Maystar do you have something you would like to share with the class. I am sure we all would be delighted to hear."The stern voice of Mr Black made us snap our head towards him, I felt my cheeks warm up as everyone's eyes were on us.

"I was just telling how I saw you with Mrs Lacy in the car park, would not want to continue about the shaking car would I?" Everyone knew Mrs lacy was having an affair with Mr Black, but no one had ever dared to say it to his face... well except Cathy of course.

It was now Mr Blacks face to turn red, he cleared his throat and changed the subject and continued to each. With wide eyes I turned to look at Cathy who only smirked, well she damn well knows how to shut people up.

*

I rushed inside the hospital as I made my way to the receptionist, it had been a hour since we had been dismissed from school for the weekend. It was when I was leaving when I received a call from the hospital to collect the recent report that's when I hurried to the car which held the driver Mr Reid had assigned for me.

"How are you Crystal, it's been a while?" The receptionist asked, she gave me a small smile. I had been a frequent visitor during the summer, but when college started I had to limit my visits to the hospital.
"I am good May, thanks you asking." I responded back smiling with my shiny lip balm.

"How can I help you?" She asked, I nodded my head, placing my palms on the desk as I leaned forward.
"I am here to collect the reports." She nodded her head before she stood up, entering the door which had a big laminated poster which said 'staff only'. I patiently waited for her to return.

"Here." She placed a white paper folder in front of me once she returned, it had the hospital label and the name of the patient written in bold.
"Thank you, have you heard anything?" I asked, hoping to get something out of her before opening the report and being disappointed like I had when I had seen the last ten reports.

"I am only a receptionist, sorry but I have nothing to say that can make you happy." I nodded my head and bid her my goodbyes before a sigh left my lips and I made my way out of the hospital and inside the black Mercedes'.

"Drive me home, Daniel." I instructed, I opened the folder and pulled out the printed papers as Daniel began to drive. I read the reports and a smile appeared as it said there was minor improvements, I knew it was small but it was still something. I couldn't wait to let my parents know, they would be just as excited and happy as I was.

"We are here, Madame Reid." I nodded my head, placing the papers back inside the folder as I grabbed my school bag before exiting the car.
"Have a good day, Daniel." I waved him my goodbye before closing the door and walking inside the building, before pressing the button for the elevator which would lead to the balcony of many condos.

As I reached the top floor, I exited the elevator and instantly the cold winter breeze attacked me. Clutching my jacket closer to my I began to make my way to my condo. I froze as I saw Ace sitting outside my door with his laptop on his lap.

"Using my Wi-Fi again." It wasn't even a question, it was a statement which I already you. Ace snapped his head towards me and a smirk appeared on his face.

"And here I was assuming you were purposely not answering the door when I knocked. Let's not mention you changed your Wi-Fi password again." I rolled my eyes at him, unlocking the door and walking inside. I left the door wide open knowing he would walk in behind me.

"Take the hint Ace, stop using my Wi-Fi." I scowled even though he could not see as my back was facing him.
"If you'd like I'd pay you an hourly wage for the time I used your Wi-Fi." He said, I turned around seeing the smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I don't need your money Ace, in fact I don't want to see your face." Another lie, I was secretly hoping he would stay longer just so I can spend even a little time with him. It would be enough for my beating heart.

"We'll tough luck,Goissa. Your stuck with me, we have dinner with my parents tomorrow. I will pick you up at seven. Antio." And that's all he said before he left, leaving me feeling alone without him. I sighed knowing I was never going to be enough for him. Never going to be the girl he knew that he wants to spend the rest of his life with.