Someone from past

Ae's POV:

I made my way towards the safe room where James had hidden my kitten. My heart pounding in my chest as I took quick steps in the direction of the room. The door was hidden in the wall itself and the lock can only be seen when the frame covering it was moved. I hurried to push the frame aside revealing the lock.

After punching few codes, I fished out the secret key and unlocked the door. I turned the knob and pushed it open. The site I saw at that moment was really heart breaking. My kitten was sitting in a corner with his legs pulled against his chest and arms wrapped around them. His head hanging low and the bangs covering his face. He was crying and James was trying his best to calm him down.

"Kitten..." I called and he immediately looked up. Without wasting a minute, he left his place and rushed towards me. I can see the fear and worries on his face. He stood in front of me but instead of hugging me, he began to punch me while crying out "I hate you I hate you."

I knew better that he was scared because I left him with James while rushing to take care of situation. I stayed in my place allowing him to hit me till he was tired and then leaned into me. I wrapped my arms around him while resting my chin on his head. "I hate you Ae..." he mumbled. I smiled knowing that he loved me more than I expected. "I love you too my kitten." I replied.

He didn't say anything further but hugged me tight as if he feared that if he pulls away, I might disappear. I rubbed his back trying to calm him down. James bowed to me and then left the two of us alone. I was consoling my kitten who was crying his heart out.

"Kitten, I am here. Calm down." I said. "I hate you Ae... you broke your promise... You left me alone." He accused. I realized that he was thinking that I will always break my promise. "I am sorry kitten but I had no other option. I wanted to protect you. Do you think I would have left you alone otherwise?" I asked.

He didn't say a word but held on to me. After a while, he stopped crying and little sniffles were heard. I didn't say a word but pulled back and then picked him up in my arms. He quickly wrapped his little arms around my neck as I carried him out of the room.

I made my way towards his bed room while instructing James to close the safe room. My kitten was holding on to me tightly as if I will disappear the moment he pulls away. I opened the bedroom door and walked in.

I walked towards the bed and sat down with my kitten still cocooned in my arms. "Pete, if you keep getting scared, how will I be able to defeat Weir? Do you want to stay in constant threat that he might come any time to take you away? Don't you want these things to end?" I asked.

He didn't say anything for a while and I thought that I should try to coax him some more. I was about to continue when he finally spoke up, "I want to.... But I don't want to lose you. I lost mae and por, I don't want to lose you. I will only listen to you if you promise me that you will not send me away the next time if anything happens. I am ready to stay with you and die but not to stay away from you and live this life alone."

It surprised me hearing those words. I pulled away from him and looked at him, examining his face. He surely was my kitten but a bit more matured and understanding. As told by doctor, the effect of medicines given by Weir was subsiding and my beautiful kitten was finally showing his true self to me.

"But it can be dangerous." I stated. "I don't care. I just want to be with you. I don't want to live in the constant fear of losing you. Even if something happens, I am ready to die then returning back to my previous life." He said.

I knew he was stubborn and there was no way I could deny him anything. Even against my thoughts and wishes, I agreed to his demands and he finally calmed down. I rocked him back and forth while humming a lullaby. His tiny little frame slowly falling into slumber.