Curiosity

The fragile lad in Ae's arms had calmed down but little sobs could still be heard. Ae kept stroking his back trying to sooth the pain. He didn't know why, but he too was feeling the pain. It was as if someone has clenched his heart.

He waited for a while till the little lad completely stopped crying. Pete pulled away from Ae and looked at him. Ae was a bit confused when he saw the way Pete was scrutinizing him. Pete was looking at Ae as if he was trying to read him.

The silence continued for a while as they stared at each other before Pete finally spoke, "You won't complain to por?" Ae could see the fear in the eyes of the fragile boy and hurried to assure, "No... I will not."

He can see a relieved expression on the face of the innocent boy and he wondered why he was so much scared. His curiosity was peaking with each passing second.

Ae's POV:

I didn't know what was wrong but something about Pete's behavior made me feel that he was forced to do things against his wish. It was tormenting me to see him like this.

I helped him to get up and sit on the bed. He looked a bit hesitant but agreed to me anyways. "So, tell me, why did you do that earlier?" I asked. I wanted to know the real reason. "Is it not 'that' what you want? Por told me that when I am asked to show someone around, it means I have to take care of them and satisfy them. If I don't then por will beat me up and lock me in the room." He replied. I could hear the sadness in his tone and the statement made me boil. What kind of father does he have? Which father would make his child do this kind of dirty things?

I now wanted to know about his view. Was it his willingness or was he being forced? "Pete... Do you like what you do?" I asked. He looked down while trying to hide his face and I can see him playing with his fingers. After a while, he answered in a low and almost inaudible voice, "No....."

Each word coming out from his mouth was hurting my heart. "Pete, you never tried to stop your father and tell him that you don't like it?" I asked. He didn't look up but continued to play with his fingers and replied in a low voice, "I did.... Once.... It was hurting really bad.... And then, Por beat me up and locked me inside the room. He didn't give me food and water. Also, he didn't allow anyone to help me. I was kept locked up for a week before he finally let me out after warning me not to repeat it again."

Now, I wanted to kill Weir with my bare hands. He was not only wicked but also cruel. He was making his own blood suffer just so that he could get some money. I don't even have words to curse this person who has been torturing this poor boy.

I was thinking about what to say when I found him staring at me blankly. I wanted to know what was running on his mind. I couldn't stop myself from inquiring, "What are you thinking?"

"A-Are you going to t-tell everything to m-my por? Sor-sorry... I didn't mean it... M-my por is really n-nice... He d-don't ask me to do anything... It's my f-fault..." He spoke, with little sobs in between. Was he that scared of his father? Few minutes back, he admitted that his father was forcing him and now he is saying that it's his fault.

Thankfully, I had enough presence of mind to realize that he was trying to protect himself. His question itself revealed that he was scared that I might spill everything to his father and he might be punished again. I can understand his situation and the fear he is living in. I am complete stranger for him, someone like those people whom he had met earlier, who did bad things to him. I know his inner self will not be willing to trust me in this very instant but I'll have to assure him that I mean no harm to him.

"Pete... I won't tell your father about anything. You need not fear." I assure while trying to get close to him. This time, he looked at me but didn't flinch or move away. I can see a little ounce of trust in his eyes now and I wanted to make sure that I win his complete trust.