The new information

Ae's POV:

I can hear the little sobbing as Pete cried in my arms. I wish I could do something to take away that pain and if not, at least ease it to some extent.

After a while, I felt something heavy and noticed that Pete had already fallen asleep. I shifted a bit and made him lie down on bed and covered him with duvet. I can see him pouting in his sleep. My kitten looks really cute.

I stayed beside Pete watching him sleep calmly. It was as if nothing has happened and he haven't been through any pain.

I was lost in my thoughts when I felt something in my pocket move. I immediately slid my hand inside and pulled out the cell phone that was vibrating. I saw Por's ID on it and immediately picked it up. "Hello por!!" I greeted and then bit my tongue realizing that Pete was asleep. Thankfully, he didn't wake up.

"Hello Ae!! I have got some fresh information and it is a bit disturbing. Tell me how Pete is doing." He inquired. "He is asleep. And what new information did you get?" I couldn't stop myself from asking.

"I would talk to you face to face about it when I drop by your place before heading towards office tomorrow. I just called to check if Pete was doing fine." He replied. "Alright Por...."I replied. His words had left me curious to think about what new information he would have found out.

"Take care son... See you soon... Bye!!" He said. "Bye por and please take care of yourself." I replied and disconnected the call. I threw the phone aside and then looked at Pete who was sleeping soundly. "Please recover soon my kitten...." I whispered and planted a soft kiss on his forehead. He squirmed in his sleep and then moved to find a comfortable position.

It had been quite a while and there was a knock on the door. I looked up to see James entering the room. The moment he looked at me, I placed index finger on my lips indicating to him to keep quiet. He nodded and walked towards the bed being careful not to make any noise.

"The dinner is ready young master. Will you come to dining table or do you want to have here?" he asked in whisper. "Bring it here!!" I replied in a low tone. He nodded and then walked out of the room.

I felt a little movement beside me so I looked at Pete who seemed to have woken up from sleep. He blinked his eyes few times and then asked, "Where am I?"

"Kitten... You are at my place..." I replied. I can see him blink few more times and then he seemed to realize where he was. "Ae... I am sorry... I was confused when I saw the strange place." He replied with guilty tone. "It's alright kitten... I can understand." I assured.

A person who had been caged in one place for years will usually get scared when he wakes up in unfamiliar place. He moved a bit and tried to sit up. I helped him even though he was feeling much better than earlier.

"Feeling better?" I inquired. "Much better..." he replied with a wide smile. "Good... The food will be brought soon." I informed. I had completed my sentence when James walked in with the tray of food. He placed it on the night stand and left.

"Come, have your food first. You need to take medicines." I said while picking the tray and keeping in front of him. I fed him even though he protested that he can have it. I cleaned his face with napkin after he was done. I grabbed the medicine and handed them to him with a glass of water. I can see him scrunching his nose but then, he swallowed them and gulped down the water.

"Sleep now... Por will be coming for a visit tomorrow." I informed. I saw him move away from me and fear creeping into his eyes. "P-por will c-come tomorrow? Y-You a-are sending me b-back? D-did I-I do something w-wrong?" he asked in a shaky voice as he began to cry and tears rolled down his cheeks.