Death

Ae's POV:

Pete was trembling in fear after watching the news. The footage of the accident and then the retrieving of the body of Kong was hell scary. I wish my kitten hasn't seen that. After a lot of comforting and distracting, he finally stopped thinking about it. I knew it was really difficult for him to get over it because the scenes looked really chilling.

Kong's car was completely destroyed and his body same as it was dragged out of the torture room. The cops were investigating the place and some local resident were describing how they came across the car. My team did a great job of destroying all the evidences and making it look like an accident.

"Kitten, por is here to have breakfast with you. James has prepared your favorite. Let's finish it up. Let me see who finishes the food early." I said trying to coax him into eating. My kitten was really scared and still shivering. I asked my father to wait while I helped my kitten to finish food and carried him to bedroom.

"A-Ae... I-I am scared... W-Weir will come and t-take me away." he said while I climbed the stairs. "Baby, Weir won't be able to do anything to you now. You see that the news said that it was accident, also the cops said so. Why would Weir come to take you away? And even if he comes, I will not send you back with him." I assured. "B-but... B-bad uncle..." he tried to speak. "Sssshhh... don't speak anything. You are safe. Weir won't be able to harm you." I said while hushing him.

After a lot of assurance and coaxing, my kitten finally calmed down. I lay him on bed and stayed beside him till he felt asleep. I needed some time to talk to por and I cannot include Pete in this matter. He was already scared after seeing the news.

After making sure that my little lover was asleep. I slowly crept out of the bed and made my way towards the door. I spared a glance at my sleeping kitten before proceeding to leave. I quietly made my way out of the room to downstairs where por was waiting for me along with James.

"James, I am worried that Pete may wake up and walk out of his room searching for me. I don't want him to hear this conversation so please keep an eye on him." I requested. He nodded in response and then left.

I turned my attention to the old man who was sitting with cross leg on the sofa. "You need to explain." He said while pointing at me. "Damage control." I replied. "Have you thought before doing it? It might lead to chaos. What if Weir finds out it was you?" he questioned.

"I took care that it looked like an accident. My team already cleared all the evidences and even the cops has stated the same." I replied. "What about the post-mortem report Ae? Have you thought about it?" por back fired. "I have taken care of everything. There is no way that it could be proved to be a murder. And moreover if something happens, I have the evidence that would save us." I replied.

"What do you have?" por asked. I guided to him to the technical room where the footage of Kong's confession was kept. I asked the technical department to play it and allowed por to watch it. I can see his facial expression change when he heard the name Medthanan.

The video ended and my por turned to look at me. His facial expression turned soft after watching the confession. "Even though I want to be angry at you, I can't. After years of bearing this blame that I had killed my best friend, I finally came to know the real murderer. Thank you Ae... Thank you very much." Por said while tears rolled down his cheeks.

What was more shocking was knowing that the late Medthanan was Por's best friend. How cruel Weir would have been for accusing my father of killing his best friend? After a while, Por composed himself and looked at me.

"Ae, you will have to be careful from now on. Weir would surely be pissed off after hearing the news and he will surely try to find out if it's murder or accident. You have broken his backbone so he won't stay quiet. I'll keep the whole team on alert. If there is even a slightest movement, we will evacuate Pete. I'll place some more guards around this place. I don't trust that snake!!" por stated.