Pain

Ae's POV:

The wait for the report was almost killing me as thousands of possibilities started to dance in my head. What other things were going to come forth in the medical reports? Even the thought that Pete might be suffering from some unknown underlying disease crossed my mind.

I couldn't calm myself down anymore. My mind and heart, both were in their most disturbed state. After what seemed like eternity, the nurse walked in and handed some documents to the doctor. My kitten was sitting beside me silently watching the people coming and leaving the place.

"Are you bored?" I asked. "No... I am used to sitting and watching for long. At least I see different faces here. At home, I would see the faces of guards coming in and leaving." Pete replied. How can he say everything like it didn't matter at all?

We were now seated in front of the doctor as he examined the report with a serious face. Each time his facial expression changed, my heart would skip a bit thinking that he might be disclosing something really horrible.

After spending some time on reading the papers, the doctor finally spoke, "Well Ae, it relieves me to inform you that Pete's reports are good. Except for the pills Weir had been giving him occasionally, there isn't any other trace found in the blood. So, you don't have to worry about anything. Just make sure that you keep eye on him because of the side effects of earlier medicines and also, try to keep him happy."

I let out the breathe that I have been holding for too long which I didn't even realize I was holding in. "Pete... Take care of yourself and take your medicines on time. Alright?" Doctor said. Pete smiled and nodded to him. "I'll take your leave. Thank you doctor." I said while getting up from the seat.

After thanking the doctor, I walked out of the cabin with Pete following me. I held Pete's hand while we walked towards the parking lot where our car was parked. I unlocked it and made Pete sit in the passenger seat and then rushed towards the driver side.

As soon as I sat, Pete asked, "Ae, are we going to park now?" I had completely forgotten about my promise to him due to earlier stress. "Yes my kitten.... We are going to park." I replied, I am sorry kitten that it ran out of mind completely. I can see a blinding smile on his face now and he looked like a happy bubble.

I drove towards the park and parked my car in the empty space. I stepped out and then hurried towards the passenger side, helping Pete out. He stepped out of the car and looked at the place with admiration. I can understand his feelings. I don't know how long it had been that he had visited a park.

"Come..." I said, holding his hand and pulling him along with me. We walked into the park where kids were busy playing. I can see the sweet smile on Pete's face as he looked at the little ones. I ushered him towards the bench and made him sit down and then sat beside him.

I can see some couples at a distance being all lovey dovey. I wish I too have a fair share of my happy moments. Pete leaned onto my shoulder and I turned my head to look at him. "Are you tired?" I asked. I was concerned about him since doctor had told me about the side effects of medicine. "Little... but this place is nice... I liked it..." he replied.

I didn't want to pull away and make him whine. So I stayed in the place letting Pete enjoy his time. Just when I thought that Pete would have fallen asleep, he abruptly sat up. I looked at him only to find him looking at a distance in another direction. I followed his gaze and saw a kid eating ice-cream.

"Kitten, do you want to eat ice-cream?" I asked. He turned towards me with twinkling eyes and questioned, "Will you give me?" I smiled at him and patted his head.

"Come... Let's have ice-cream." I said getting up and extending my hand towards him. He place his hand in mine and got up immediately. We walked towards the ice-cream vendor and Pete was like an excited kid.