It was the diary of Pete's mother. She was pouring out her pain in the book since she wasn't able to express it. Thinking about how miserable she would have felt at that moment makes me furious now. Weir was making her go through hell.

"Kitten, you should not read it." I said while grabbing the book and closing it. "But it's my mae's!!' he protested. "Yes my love but it's written for your por. It would not be nice to read it. Right?" I tried to convince. He thought for a while and nodded.

"Good boy!!" I said while ruffling his hairs. The real reason why I didn't want him to read it is because it described the pain of her. How she was dealing with everything. How she missed her husband and about everything Weir was making her go through. I didn't want Pete to read about it. These days he was thinking about many things and this would add up to the pile.

"Did you get fresh?" I inquired. "Yup... I already got fresh and changed." He stated. "Okay. I'll be right back after getting fresh. Then we will go for breakfast." I said. He nodded in response and smiled at me.

I hurried to my bedroom to get fresh and then returned back to Pete's room to find him sitting with some other book. I spared a glance at it and then realized that it was one of the book I had brought for him.

"Kitten, let's have breakfast." I said while walking towards him. He kept the book aside and left the bed. We made our way downstairs to have breakfast. James seems to have got everything ready in advance.

After having breakfast I decided of watching movie. It had been a while that we had watched a movie together. I accompanied my kitten to his bedroom and then we cuddled as I switched on the television. I let Pete choose the movie and he settled on the romantic ones.

I wanted him to explore his choices so I was letting him do what he want. I wanted him to learn, to grow, to understand, to make his choices. I wanted him to live his life the way he wants.

His head was resting on my chest while the movie continued. There were few scenes when he hid his face in my chest trying to hide his blush. He was really shy when it came to watching intimate scenes. I would tease him in between and he would whine cutely.

But over all, it was fun. I won't mind spending a whole day inside the house with my little kitten in my arms. The movie ended and Pete snuggled closer to me. I sniffed his neck that was smelling of roses. He always smelled like fresh roses.

I leaned closer to plant a kiss on his neck when I heard a loud sound form outside. I immediately got alert and scrambled to grab the gun hidden at the side. The enemy has targeted my house!! I slipped out of the bed and then pulled Pete with me while rushing towards the bedroom door.

"Pete, just do as I say. Okay?" I asked while cupping his cheeks and making him look at me. He nodded in response and I pulled him with me. My one arm wrapped around him, securing him close to myself while I took careful steps. When I opened the door, James was already rushing in my direction while carrying my jacket.

"Take him away." I commanded while I grabbed the jacket and rushed in the direction of the sound. "Ae!! No... NOOOOOOO!!" Pete cried out. "Kitten, just go with him. I'll be fine." I assured.

I didn't have time to waste. The sound coming from outside was increasing and I knew that there were more people than expected. I can hear the gun shots as I was just few feet away from the door. I can also hear my kitten's protests and whines as James dragged him toward the safe room. I am sorry kitten but you are my most precious treasure and I need to protect you.

I wore the jacket and removed the ear piece from the hidden pocket and quickly placed it in ear. The sound of the firing grew louder as I approached the area. I swept my gaze through the place checking for the loop holes , targets and then checking for guards. The guards had already taken their position and were return firing.

"Check check...." I called trying to verify that the microphone and ear piece was working properly. "Eagle, we can hear you. The targets are outside the compound but they are many. And they are attacking the main area. Some of our guards are injured. I have called for reinforcement and they are on their way." The technical head inform.

"I am heading towards garage. Give me cover," I barked inside the microphone. I hid behind the pillar while aiming the gun at the enemy. I managed to shoot three of them before crawling to the other side while taking a shield of the broken furniture. Meanwhile, the guards took their position to help me reach the garage. They kept the enemy distracted till I reached the destination.

I ran inside as soon as I reached the door and hastily pushed the rack aside revealing the door. I quickly punched the code and then waited impatiently for the door to open. As soon as the passage was open, I rushed inside and began grabbing everything my hand could reach.. I hurried to grab the guns, rifles and grenades before rushing towards the other exit that lead to the roof. I hit the close button and then moved towards the staircase.

I finally reached the roof and hid myself. "Ready!" I stated letting the technical team know that I have acquired my position. The targets were clear from where I stood. 'This is it!' I said to myself as I aimed my gun. "Target to the north, heading towards the main entrance." I was informed.

I didn't waste any time and aimed at the said location and pulled the trigger. The shot hit right in the person's chest and he felt to ground. I cleared all of them one after another while being careful to keep myself hidden.

After sometime, the sound diminished and everything went silent. I examined the place form where I stood to check whether the situation was under control. "Anyone left?" I inquired. "I can see more vehicles approaching the place. Stay alert." The information came soon after.

I took my position all ready to take down the next group. Soon, three vehicles stopped in front of the house and more people stepped out and began shooting in the direction of the house. I pulled the trigger killing them one after the other.

I instructed the team to use the other safety system and lock the entire house. I didn't want any harm for my kitten. The reinforcement team also haven't arrived yet. I can see some of my people injured but I couldn't rush to them for help. I kept targeting the rival gang killing them one after another till all of them were dead.

I stayed glued to where I was scanning the area to check if anyone else was left. "Eagle, the threat is over." The technical head informed. I didn't waste any more time and rushed towards the injured people to help them while the technical team cleared the security lock of the entire house.

The medical team had already begun their work and the doctor too was informed. He was already on his way and I can finally let out sigh of relief. The reinforcement arrived just then to see that we had already taken care of everything.

I ordered them to take care of the mess and clear the area while I made my way towards the house. I need to see my kitten......