Chapter 34: Let him be happy

Soobin's POV:

I was having dinner with Yeonjun-hyung's parents. They weren't happy when I just showed up at their door, but Yeonjun-hyung told them that what happened was a misunderstanding.

They wanted an explanation. I hated others feeling pity for me, so the only thing I mentioned was that my parents did not support my and hyung's relationship.

"I lied so that hyung would have a reason to not want to see me again. I know it's selfish, and I am very sorry I made you all suffer." I apologized.

His dad was silent, having nothing to say as both of them processed the information.

"Mom, dad--" hyung tried calling out. His mom raised her index finger up, silencing him. She then turns to me.

"Soobin-ah, how are you doing?" she asked me softly. I was taken aback.

"I-- I'm fine...?" I answered confused.

"She means in terms of home. You hurt our son." his dad added, his tone was serious and he had a calm but stone-cold face. "But you've been hurting too as you have made this kind of decision." his expression softened as he looked at me.

"This... has been hard on me too, but I'm alright-!! You don't have to worry about me-!" my voice raised a bit as I was trying to reassure them.

"You can always come here and stay over if you feel like need to." Mrs. Choi suggested as if knowing I wasn't telling the whole truth.

"Thank you so much for your kindness, you're being more than what I deserve, thank you!" I bowed.

"Soobin-ssi, you make our son happy, and that's the most amazing gift we can receive. Making you feel safe is the least we can do.

I felt Yeonjun's dad pat my back as I straightened up my chest.

Hyung, your parents are truly incredible. They give you their all and treat me like I'm their son. They are willing to share their love and care with me despite me being the reason you were hurting. No wonder you give me your all as well.

We heard the door ring and Mrs. Choi went to open it. My breath hitched when I saw my mom.

"Can I help you?"

"I'm here to take my son. I know he is here." I heard my mom say as I haven't moved from my spot, watching what was going to happen next.

"Choi Soobin. I'm here to take him back." my mom said next.

"I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure Soobin-ssi is old enough to decide for his actions."

"Either way, I am his guardian and his mother, and that child needs to be home now. And as for you, missy, I think you should know that your son is in a romantic relationship with my son."

"With all due respect, I am quite aware of their relationship, and fully support both of them."

Mine and Yeonjun-hyung's jaws dropped as his mom talked back at my mom. My mom stood there speechless. I don't have a good feeling about this....

"You-- YOU'RE FINE WITH IT???? YOUR SON AND MY SON ARE BOTH GUYS! HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT ROMANCE BETWEEN TWO MALES?!?!" she started yelling. "YOU-"

"Before you say anything else, ma'am." Yeonjun's mom interrupted my mom and his dad joined his wife to support her.

"As a mother, what matters to me is my son's happiness. If he found someone who makes him happy, then I should support them too. Regardless of their sex. Those who believe that our children are wrong just want them to live the way we tell them to live. It's their life and it's up to them to decide how to live it. You are a mother too, and I would highly recommend you accept your son the way he is."

My mom was silent. I couldn't believe what Yeonjun's mom had just done. My mom couldn't say anything else, so she left without saying anything else.

I haven't noticed how Yeonjun-hyung had been holding my hand, our fingers intertwined. Once I noticed, I couldn't stop smiling.

I'm so happy to have him.

+×+

Yeonjun's POV:

It was the middle of the night. Soobin was already asleep as I kept stroking the bangs of his hair. I smiled when the moonlight pointed out his cute bunny features that are clearly seen when he is so relaxed.

I remembered the encounter is mine and his mom that happened earlier and remembered  my mom's words:

"If he found someone who makes him happy, then I should support them too. Regardless of their sex."

Suddenly, not realizing it, I left the house and was standing at the door of Soobin's house.

"What am I doing?" I muttered under my breath.

Something must've taken over me, because I rang the bell, waiting for someone to open the door.

I was standing there confident and resolutely.

Soobin's mom opened the door and I could clearly tell, she was not happy to see me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" she asked rudely, with no emotion on her face. 

"I actually came to you, miss." I tried staying as polite as possible despite her cold face.

"Pretty sure your mom made herself clear, so what do you have to say?" she asked, rolling her eyes.

"I just want to say that.... Soobin deserves to be happy." I started. "Ever since I met him, he was just someone who tried keeping the smile on his friends' faces. Despite his shy personality, he keeps standing strong and confident. Your son is amazing and you should be proud to have him. If you worry about him, you show it a bit differently. Don't restrain him from his own happiness. Let him have the freedom to decide for himself. And I promise you,  I will take good care of him." I finished.

She was quiet for a bit.

"THAT'S NOT FOR YOU TO DECIDE, YOU IMMATURE!" as she yelled out, I received a harsh slap in the face and then the door shut close.

I could still feel the burn on my cheek from the slap as I winced in slight pain. I left back home. That's enough heroism for today.